Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Let freedom ring!!! šŸŽ†


Happy Fourth of July!!!! 

My pictures are everywhere again but here goes! I’m a festive person and always loved the Fourth of July youth gatherings when I was younger!!! I still love the red, whites and blues!!! I still love to watch fireworks and boy were we not disappointed again with the display in lititz!!! Wowzers!!! They were fantastic!!!! The whole park is filled with candles and food and flags and pizza and popcorn and drinks! It’s such a fun way to celebrate our nations freedom and beliefs!!! Freedom to do what’s right! Godly freedom! Religious freedom! To be free!!! The night was so fun and we loved that Matt’s meet us there and joined in on the fun!!!

Friday, July 5, seemed like a Monday because of the day off/holiday yesterday. But I was doing laundry, mowing and working outside! That night we had a much needed family meeting with the teenagers! Not because they are doing such bad or wrong things but reminders of cellphone behavior. Boys. Girls. Things we all need to talk about with our teens now and then! I was reminded that the peer pressure of teens is still as strong as when I was in their shoes! We are very proud of Hadassah and Matthew and it felt right and good to review, remind and pray for Gods protection over them!!! This was after supper and then my mom called and said we should come to the cabin. I knew some of my family was going but didn’t think we would. But Mike nite for it! He’s been saying the last few weekends that we should go up there and help with the rebuilding of the new cabin. So, we all agreed to get up early, Hadassah and Matthew go clean an office at 6:30 AM, and meanwhile mike and I pack and load up! 

We were off to the cabin by 7:30 Saturday morning! We pulled in the driveway and it was different for the kids to see the cabin now being rebuilt. Matthew was the only one that seen it burning a few months ago. The two days were fun! Mike and Austin slept in the bedroom in the pole shed and the other kids and I blew up air mattresses and slept in the unfinished cabin! So fun!!! I wished we would have packed our tent because that would have put the cherry on top if we could have pitched a tent inside the cabin!!! šŸ˜‚ Ashlyn and Austin love cousin time! Matthew and Mike helped work around the cabin! Hadassah hopped along to my brothers ballgame tournament Saturday afternoon. We got back home Sunday afternoon and went to a swimming party yet with some church friends! What a good celebration!!! Happy birthday America!!!! I’m proud to be called an American!!!