Monday, August 5, 2019

It’s August!!!!

August has arrived and I’m not sure if I should panic and think there’s now only a few weeks of summer left or do I just relax and say that it’s another full three weeks until school begins?!?!?! I want to stay in summer mode for months yet! I want to keep our sleep in mornings and lazy, late nights around the campfire or ballgame!!! I’m not ready to give up pool days for classrooms!!! I’m trying hard to think we’ve still got lots of summer left and make the most of it!!! Yesterday, I told Mike that stores are starting with the back to school things and some fall items. I’m not ready for fall! But he reminded me that when it comes, I’ll be ready!!! I love, love fall! I love the change of weather, sweaters and layers and boots and fall scents, foods, drinks ... well, pretty much everything about fall I love! But it makes me a bit sad to say goodbye to summer!

But, glory hallelujah, it’s the very beginning of August and we’ve got summer on our minds! I’m going to post some summer memories here and I’m hoping to get a bunch more summer captures before the school bells ring!

We spent one day at Dutch Wonderland with cousins again!!! The day was so much fun from opening hours to closing!!!

We did get some school shopping done but mostly because Ashlyn kept begging!

The sunflowers from the garden beds are so gorgeous!!!! They make a stunning display on my dining room table!

Corn Day is hard work!!! We cooked, husked, cleaned and cut 800 ears of corn! In one day! What a job now done!!! Each of us now have 35 bags of fresh corn in our freezer!

Another exciting event is Mr. Jeremiah Petersheim asked Hadassah out on her first date!!! She is so excited!!!! I feel too young to be entering this stage in life but excited! I’ll take all your advice and wisdom on how to walk along Christian dating couples in our day in age!!! Congratulations Hadassah!!!