Friday, May 1, 2020

It's MAY!!!!

I LOVE THE MONTH OF MAY!!!  It's one of my favorite months!!! 


May is when the weather gets warmer but it's not the hot summer days just yet.  The grass is lush green.  I go greenhouse shopping and buy pretty flowers and plant them all around the house!  We mulch and the landscape looks it's best!!!  Seeds get planted in the garden and frost is no longer a threat to my tender plants!  Strawberries start to bloom and we will be picking these juicy red fruits in a few weeks!  I snipped the first spinach and kale leaves the other day and it made a very delicious salad!  I just love that the kids can play more and more outdoors!

The seeds that we already got planted in the garden are looking good!!!!  Here you see radishes, lettuce, kale and spinach.


The herbs are growing!


The cherry blossoms are so beautiful in the front yard!  And here's the salad I made the other night with our fresh greens from the garden!  I just love salads like these!!!!  I also loved the kale!!!!


I did go with my mom for some flowers the other day!  It was so fun to get out even if we had to wear our face masks!  Hadassah rode along too and that was fun taking her along to greenhouses!

Look at the pretty things I bought!


And here are the pots I put together.  Many of these plants are new for me but I felt up to trying some new things!


I was so happy the other day to see my first yellow finches come to the feeders!


And here is the 15 yards of mulch that got delivered to our house!  It smells good and Matthew is going to scoop it all up himself for some extra cash his dad promised to him if he does this job!  He did the whole front of the house the other day and I had to insist that I was going to help him spread it out.  He doesn't have to pay me.  :)




And then I went to another greenhouse the very next day!  We are slowly getting out more and more and it feels good!  The kids went with me this time because Ashlyn loves greenhouses too!  They both muttered under their breathe how warm their masks felt but the greenhouse rules are to wear them.


 They both picked out a cactus to bring along home!


We went from Fisher's Greenhouse to Good Harvest to look for elephant ear plants.  I want to plant these this year for different but I want a certain kind.  The search remains ...


Here is one elephant ear that Fisher's had but just one.  I want two for my front porch pots.  This just gives me another excuse to visit yet another greenhouse soon!


I'm sticking to whites, reds and some purples this year!  I'm really loving all the greens too!!!!


Normally, May also consists lots of school events!!!  We get excited to finish up school with field trips and track and field days!  We get excited to finish up the days in the classrooms and start thinking about summer vacation!  But these days are not normal for us with COVID-19 still in the air.  We are ready to move on and have the "stay at home" lift off of our state!  We are ready to stop social distancing and start going to friends homes and see more people.  But we wait.  There is a hope at the end of this but it's still unknown with how and when that will all take place.  And we continue to do school at home.  Schooling as been going well but we will be ready to take a break!  I'm sad to not have the fun events happening at school because I love to watch the kids do their best on track days!  I miss our school family, our teachers and the kids friends!  I'm sad to not know how we will celebrate Hadassah's graduation!  I know we will celebrate it but just not sure how school will do it!?!  This is a huge accomplishment for her!!!!  I want to celebrate it with her!!!  

My calendar is usually filled to the brim with all the activities happening but not this year.  Usually, we are in full swing with baseball practices, baseball games, nights spent at the parks watching Matthew and Mike play!  These guys like to start visiting the golf courses too by now!  Hadassah normally is wrapping up her volleyball season with PA Elite but again, not this year.  It's all been on hold the past two months.  So much is not the same but I'm so grateful that May is here and the season's don't change with any world events!

I miss yard sales.  I do hope this starts up this spring yet!!!

This May is going to be different but I hope it will still be sweet with fresh strawberries soon!  I hope we still get to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend like we always do!  I have high hopes that the pools will be up and running by the end of this month!  We will finish up school work here at home in a few weeks and that exciting!  These past few months have been filled with some disappoints and things needed to be canceled or changed but we are making it!!!!  We continue to do church at home and watch on YouTube the sermon of the week!  Our evenings consist of ping pong and puzzle time!  I love all the evenings together at home!!!!!

May is such a pretty month!!!!  Let's make it the best one ever!!!!