Tuesday, December 8, 2020

December is here!





When we came back from the cabin, we spent the next day at sister Jody's house making sand tarts and chocolate covered peanut butter crackers. 






So fun making these!






Ashlyn was not feeling the best but had to help out for a little while.  I don't like flu season and I'm praying we will stay healthier with having to wear masks and washing our hands extra much this holiday season.  I am much more aware of how germs can spread so quickly with all the coronavirus talk and so it it means to use some santitizers now and then, that's what we will do!  I'm sure this will help prevent the common cold and flu too!!!







Then the next day, while most of the men were still at the cabin hunting, we took the day to go shopping.  Jody couldnt go along because one of girls were now not feeling.  Mike was so kind to stay home with Ashlyn so I could go.  She did seem much better but I'm trying to be extra careful with sending the kids out of the house if they are not well.  If we all do our part, school will remain a healthier place to learn too this winter!!!



We had a real trip going to stores in Exton.  We love that HomeGoods and Marshalls down there!

Now we get to wrapping up the gifts and put under the Christmas tree!


And just like I figured, Mike and Ashlyn were hanging out doing the puzzle!  I'm so glad Ashlyn is on the mend and ready for school the next day!





With Christmas being around the corner, we are counting down the days!  Advent is a fun way of preparing our hearts for Christmas Day!


These are my favorite reads for devotionals over the Christmas holiday. The Countdown to Christmas is a new one and we are enjoying it!


There's lots to do before Christmas but my heart really wants to remember the real reason for the season more than ever.  We've had quite the year in 2020 and so to pray for God's extra peace and love and joy over this season in my life, is a high request!

Happy holiday planning!