Wednesday, December 16, 2020

First accumulation of snow for this winter!!!!

 



Monday we were surprised with big, white snowflakes dancing all around our house!!!!  Hadassah was cleaning.  Matthew and Ashlyn were in school.  Austin and I were home doing Monday chores of laundry and clean up from the weekend.  I usually go for groceries on Mondays and restock the pantry for the lunches all week.  Austin was not wanting to go away and I complied.  Instead, I worked in the kitchen! 

Fresh granola was baked and made the house smell so good!!!



Austin wanted to make a snowman craft and he's all about the ideas but not so much the cutting out and craftiness.  I had to help but he had a fun time.




We were just tickled when the snow started falling!  I love my kitchen window view!!!!




Austin was ready for it!!!!  The new snow gloves we bought at Bass Pro Shop got used already!  He got dressed warmly and bundled up for the outside.  I loved that I could capture some facial snow shots!!!!  This one is my favorite from the day!!!!


Just gotta love that smile as he slides down the sliding board in the snow.



Then I captured his first taste of those wet snowflakes!!!!  So cute!


I think he looks like Kevin on Home Alone here!  :)



I did end up outside doing a snowball fight with Austin!  We ran around the back lawn making snowballs as we grabbed the snow off of the ground.  He brings so much good out of me!

And this is my view onto the living room from the kitchen and I love it!!!



When it was time to pick up the school kids, we had a winter scene!


My lunch consisted of a grilled balonie wrap with a big side of fresh kale!!!  So yummy!


While Austin was playing outside, I was baking inside!  I've been dreaming of whipping up a batch of these molasses cookies!  They turned out so cute!


He would keep coming to the door with snow and asked for chocolate syrup and a spoon.



The children were so excited to start with opening up the books under the tree!  We have twelve this year and they open one each day leading up to Christmas morning.  Most of the books were thrifted!  It's such a good way to inspire reading for them!  Some are Christmas themed, others are not.  They don't know if the book was new or slightly used.  It's a great way to spread cheer to the little ones, add to their reading collection and open a gift each day!


This is the book for today!  So cute!



Snowy days are so cozy inside!!!!  The house smells like ginger and fresh granola!  The candles are lite and glowing as I finish up laundry!  Christmas music on my Mix on YouTube is playing nonstop!!!!  It's the best day in December so far!!!!  

We are excited for Wednesday!!!  There's a lot more snow in the forecast and we are geared up for it!!!! They are telling us to expect 8-12 inches.  We shall see!!!! 

Happy snow days!