Wednesday, May 5, 2021

It's May!


May is here and it's always one of my favorite months of the year!  The grass is so green!  Flowers and trees are blooming!  The garden is starting to thrive and we've already munched on some radishes!  Strawberries should be appearing on the flowers after bloom!  The daylight is longer which makes us extra tired each night because of all the playing and outside projects that are being done!  School is coming to an end and that normally brings much more trips for activities to school!  To add to all this crazy, we are in the wedding plans knee deep!  I also turn 40 very soon!

Here's the garden right now!  The lettuce is soon ready to pick!  Strawberry blooms are there!



Kale and spinach are growing nicely and so yummy!  The herb box is filling up!


This is new but I tilled a few rows behind the garden and planted packs of wild flowers and sunflowers!  We shall see how it turns out in the next weeks ahead!


Austin is all about Indians right now and loves his whistle I bought for him in Waco, TX!


I want to never return to the shut down days of COVID-19 but it sure felt like a similar event when we all piled in the Yukon the other night and went to town to try the new Taylor Chip Cookies!  They were tasty and I thrive on memories like this!  To all hop in together with some young ones on laps and rushing out before the store closes was a blast!!!!


Kindergarten is so cute!!!!!



And so is fourth grade!!!!!  



I am still very new at making sourdough bread but here is one of my first loaves.  Not the nicest but tasty!


And the other day mom and I went greenhouse shopping and I stopped in for my all time favorite cold coffee drink from Twin Valley - Cold Brew Lemonade!  It's so refreshing and so good!  


Greenhouses are like heaven for me in a very earthly comparison but I love them and all their beauty!!!!!



Yesterday was a gorgeous day and I got my front porch planters planted and the yard mowed once again.  Mowing twice a week is a most in the spring and I love it!  15 yards of mulch arrived last week too and we haven't gotten a chance to touch it yet but maybe this week it will be laid in place!  Matthew is willing to do the hard work for some pay again!  

Spring time is here and in full bloom!  Most days I try to catch my breath because there's always things to do!  There will always to things to do but I feel right now that the kids want me playing outside in the yard  with them.  We started doing some fourwheeler rides together again and that's sweet therapy for my soul!  Matthew's got plans often and we are forever running him here and there but we are blessed for him to be choosing good friends!  School can't be over fast enough for him and he's excited to work at Lapps again this summer! 

The thing that's heaviest on my mind right now are wedding plans.  Hadassah is currently being hit with allergies and trying to press forward with sneezing and work and sometimes I wonder if anything would get planned if I weren't the one pushing it to the next planning stage!?!  :)  I'm sure my mom did the same for me!  Last week felt like a huge progress in motion!  The florist and caterer were here and we finalized and got the ball rolling on those details!  It feels so good to have great people in place to make this day very special and beautiful for Hadassah and Jeremiah!!!!!  I always have lists and Amazon has become a very familiar friend by now!  

God is working and speaking and my head feels like overload sometimes but it's all the promises we hear and are reminded of that builds my faith!

Last Saturday night, Mike and I rushed off to attend Daysprings Remember America event!  Very powerful to hear Jonathon Cahn and Eric Metaxas speak!  I take notes every place I go and I love how God is continuing to use my word of the year from last year "REMEMBER"!  I started to grab a hold of one word or short phrase at the beginning of the year and use it all year long to reflect and learn from the word!  Year of 2020 I felt like God was telling me over and over again to remember the goodness of God!  Remember and read the promises in the Bible!  Believe in my heart and remember the stories of how God was there for His people in the Bible times and in the past!  Remember .... so I don't forget!  It builds my faith when I remember the good things, the times when things were tough but I made it through, remember when God answered prayers!  REMEMBER!!!!  

So, on Saturday night I had all the excuses to not go.  I was in charge of cleaning church in the morning.  All went well.  I wanted to yard sale and made a few stops with only buying myself another cold brew lemonade from Twin Valley!  I came home to work all around me and the kids wanted the twins over for a play date!  All went well but my mind was busy!  Then Ashlyn said that it was OK for her to miss out of the pizza party at church because I just couldn't see how she was going to get there and back us going to Daysprings event.  The littles ended up going with the twins home and had a blast there!  I jumped in with Mike and off we went to hear speakers I never heard before and listened to a sermon on Exodus 2 on the way because I was teaching Sunday school the next morning at church!  My head was spinning!  The event was so good thought and worth it!  God is on the move!  We need revival and it must start within my heart and home first!  So encouraging and they spoke a whole lot of remembering back in history of when our founding fathers prayed and leaned in on God with trouble times came or for blessing!


Sunday I taught Sunday school and was so excited to teach about Moses and how God spoke to him through a burning bush that was not "burning up"!  Moses was in the desert tending sheep for his father in law and God spoke to him!  I'm sure Moses's head was spinning with the news God told him to go and deliver His people from the land that Moses grew up in as a child - forty years of age!  The story is amazing!  The sermon and songs at church on Sunday were fantastic too!  Honeybrook Community Church is in a fast growing stage and in God's leading right now!  I'm excited to see God move this summer!

Then last night I again could have made all the excuses to not attend a meeting at school called Spring Community Celebration!  I knew stories were going to be shared but it wasn't until I sat there and just listened that I was again in awe of the God stories from Linville Hill Christian School!  God is on the move there too!  One story after the next were shared of how when questions of COVID and graduations and senior trips and eighth grade trips and do we wear masks or not or have our school sale like normal or not and on and on!  Each story was about how when we prayed, God answered!  Often God answered not in options A or B but in C!  I was encouraged again of the stories and if and when I remember the times God moves, it builds my faith!

My notes from last night!



REMEMBER GOD'S GOODNESS!!!