Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Getting ready for Hadassah's big day!!!!

Wedding day is coming and we are helping Hadassah move things into the apartment where they will live.  The littles went along with me and Ashlyn helped wipe out kitchen cabinets while Hadassah and I carried some boxes inside! 


We are excited for this wedding and moving but it's a lot to "do"!  Every day there is something I help Hadassah with and even though things are lining up well, Hadassah did have moments of feeling overwhelmed.  It's now decisions that she needs to make and not me.  It's now time for her to pack up her things and not me.  Hadassah is doing a good job and her day will be beautiful!

When we are not thinking about wedding, the kids love to do "Art Hub for kids"!  It's on YouTube and every day there's a new art to draw.  It takes you step by step and the family that leads this is funny and makes art a fun experience.  Ashlyn and Austin have drawn so many pictures of animals and seasonal things (like snowmen, snowflakes, rainbows, tulips, flags, etc..)

I made them a honeydew mint drink to sip on while drawing a lion.


I still want to learn more about sourdough but I just don't have the time right now to play around with recipes, however, my friends tell me sourdough waffles are wonderful!  The recipe looked simple and so I did whip up a batch of these and they were good!  What I've learned so far is that I have to remember the night before to mix my dough so we can have fresh, hot bread the next day.  If I forget, we need to wait until the next day.  I hope to experience in sourdough a bit more after the the wedding plans are off my mind!




I LOVE THIS PICTURE!  Jeremiah moved out of his home and into the apartment in April.  Prior to this, Hadassah would often come home from cleaning, shower and maybe grab a bite to eat with us and then head to Jeremiah's house.  That's where they spent a lot of time and the Petersheims loved it and got to see them a lot.  But, when Jeremiah moved closer to our home in April, it was our turn to see them A LOT MORE!!!!  And boy did we enjoy that!!!!!  Almost every night they ate supper with us!  Our table was set for seven often!  Mike and I loved it!  It made meal time a fun time to catch up on our day, hear from the teens and laugh with the littles!  It was the perfect time to make great memories!  Often, Hadassah and Jere would have evening plans but sometimes they just stayed here with us!  Jere shot his bow and arrows in the back lawn while Hadassah sat and watched him.  (Such love birds!).  We watched sunsets together on the back porch while making wedding plans!  This night, it was roasting marshmallows around the campfire.  Jere does so good at including Austin and Matthew in his life!






I told myself that I am not going to think "pool life" until after the wedding!  I'm grateful the wedding is in the beginning of summer and not the end!  🙂. I hoped we would still get summer tans before the big day but the Club Pool isn't open yet and still under new construction and I just knew to not make this a priority!  But when my mom sent out a group text asking if anyone wants to join her at Nickle Mines Pool for the day, I bit for it!  Mim and Jody joined the fun to and we had a good time!

These are very precious children!!!!!


These girls just love to be together!



And the boys, what a blast!


Here's another favorite!!!!!  The sky was showing God's beauty!  Jeremiah's new bow is on the ground!  Mike and I walked out to watch and chat while he shot arrows and Hadassah wanted a picture with her dad!  Love these two with all my heart!!!!!


We adjusted so well when school left out!  The best ever!  Normally, it's breakfast a couple different times because the kids sleep in and they wake up at different times.  Then it's one mess after the next and the kitchen always has dirty dishes in the sink.  But this year, it just seemed to go better!  Maybe it's because the older kids have full time jobs!?!  Maybe it's because they are growing up?  But then there was this day where things just seemed to everywhere!  Take a look at this desk!  Ashlyn made a summer bucket list which is adorable and after some organizing, the house did get back in order!  We do really love summer time!


Midst the wedding plans, the garden is doing well!  Cabbage is ready!  We've got lots of kale.  Peppers are just ripening and the strawberries are not over.



Summer of 2021 is going to be packed with fun memories and we are just in the beginning a great summer!  Stay tuned for lots more wedding and summer memories coming on the blog soon!