Monday, October 4, 2021

Autumn is beautiful!

 

Autumn is beautiful!!!!!


I cut the first tender lettuce leaves this week and they are delicious!!!!!  I could munch, munch and munch on these greens!  This fall weather has been perfect for lettuce!  I also have celery plants planted in the garden for the first time.  I can't wait to harvest that too!!!!



I tried a new sourdough recipe!  I got it from my cousin Anne and it's a faster way of making sourdough bread.  It's good and Hadassah loves it!  I would love to try some other recipes with sourdough soon!



Mike was out of town the night of the parade but he was back in time to catch some of the fair life.  We decided to let the kids each play anther game, get some dinner from the fair trucks and end the evening with warm waffles and ice cream from the dessert truck!





The weather this past weekend was just shunning!!!!  Gorgeous autumn weather and I could take a hundred days in a row like this one!!!!  I was trying so hard to let the day soak into my soul, the sun shine on me and relax on such a gorgeous day!  I'm still reading the book Becoming Elisabeth Elliot and it's a good read!  Incredible how missionaries in for away jungles live and have a passion for the unsaved Indians!  

I also love my Youtube mix right now!!!!  It's been on repeat all week long!



While I was reading in the back yard, the littles were being each others best friends!  And I mean that!  They played so well the entire day!  They made bracelets, pushed each other on the tire swing and colored so many pictures.  I love to see them be such good friends!


Then, we did something for the first time!  There was an outdoor movie event that was raising funds for the city kids and we joined in!!!!  The movie was Ratatouille!  Many people tailgated and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows before the movie began!  We put our outdoor chair cushions on the back of Mike's truck and snuggled in blankets while the movie rolled!!!!  Ashlyn and Austin loved it!  It was such a fun fundraiser!  Also, Mike has some guys working on fire pits called Urban Fire and they are experimenting with this tiny fire ring!  It was perfect for us to use at the outdoor movie event!  Fun, fun times!!!!!!




Autumn is the time for sipping on apple cider, carving pumpkins and I really would love to do a quick photo shot at a pumpkin patch some day soon!  The days are still warm and the evenings are getting darker sooner.  I have the fall candles burning and even made a batch of pumpkin biscottis today!  They go so well with a hot cup of coffee!

Autumn is here!!!!  We love it!