Monday, October 25, 2021

Pumpkin Patch!

 


We did it again!  We visited a pumpkin patch again and took some photos!  I had my eyes on the look out for a nearby patch but could not seem to find one!  Maybe pumpkins were not sold for a profit last year and this may have scared off other pumpkin farmers to say no to growing them this year???  I don't know but the field just down the road is empty of pumpkins this year and I miss not seeing them grow.  Pumpkin patches are so cool to me!  

On the way home from a school field trip with Ashlyn's class on Friday, I noticed a field of pumpkins near school.  I thought to myself, "OK, soon I must bring the littles here!"  Then that very night, Matthew needed a ride to school because of basketball and I told the kids to quick go get changed into fall clothes and let's go to a pumpkin patch after dropping Matthew off!

And we go .... fresh off the press photos of the fun time in the pumpkin patch!



These two know by now that if they have fun, photo sessions are more fun!!!!



The sun was really bright when we arrived but it did give us some fun, pretty pictures as we went along!




They were just having a blast running through the field!


Ashlyn is such a cutie!  She likes to know what's happening and our daily plans.  We begs, begs, begs and begs every single day to have her ears pierced.  I just don't get why it must be so pressing!  She's enjoying school and really likes her teacher!  She's a lot like me.  She loves vegetables and will try almost anything I will eat.  She's brave.  Gardening is something she's loved as a child and still loves!  It's the cutest thing ever to watch her go into the garden and chew on fennel greens or pick string beans and then eat them right on the spot!  I love how she's turning into a young lady!  She's so cute and the best sister and play friend with Austin!



"Hey kiddoes, sit on that white pumpkin and look at me!  Smile!"


Thank you!!!!!










Austin has adjusted to the school life of a first grader.  Boy, it took it awhile and we had many mornings of tears and motivational speeches but he's good to go now!  He's learning how to read, spell words and he's liking it.  Now, he probably wouldn't tell you that he's liking it, but he is!!!  I can tell!  He's coloring, making crafts with Ashlyn, reading simple words and feeling proud of his work!  He's a mommas boy and I love snuggling him still at six years old.  He's a dreamer and asks for so many things and his energy level is high!  We love him so much and I could just squish those adorable cheeks!!!!!








Sometimes we get some funny faces.  Austin touched something prickly on a pumpkin!  :)))






And then they got into tickling each other with the field weeds.




XOXO!!!!



Just a party!










And we always leave a photo session with doing a crazy one!!!!  Here you have it!!!!!












It's already the middle of October!  That's crazy!  Fall is starting to show it's pretty colors in our part of the world and it's beautiful!  We have some fun outings coming up and I can't wait to see more leaves in their golden colors, make fun memories and experience more autumn!!!!

PS. Talking about "our part of the world" ... it makes me so sad to hear about something terrible happening in another part of the world!  17 missionaries in Haiti were kidnapped and still held hostage for ransom money by a gang in Haiti.  If you haven't heard about this, look it up online!  Join me in praying for these Christians, these young families, 5 children and even a baby!  God has a good, good plan to bring out of this but until we know what it is, pray for these people!


Happy autumn!!!!!!