Monday, October 4, 2021

October ~ the month of color! ๐Ÿ‚

September flew right by!  It gave us beautiful days of sunshine and then days of rains from hurricanes brewing in the south.  With turning another calendar page, it's now October and it's autumn at it's finest!  The days are still warm and sunny!  Evenings are now chilly and require layers to stay warm!  The cornfields that surround our property are being worked in and the corn is being cut off and harvested.  Stores are displaying pumpkins and corn candy on their shelves.  The leaves are just at the beginning stages of turning colors and the grass is so lush and green!  I marvel at how blue the sky is every autumn!!!!  It's my favorite time of year and the smells and tastes of pumpkin and cinnamon and cloves are warming to me!



Our annual School Sale happened the last weekend in September.  Matthew ran the 5K this year.  Impressive!
  

The kids had fun doing all the kids events while the online auction took place inside the gym.


Austin and Ashlyn had a fun day with friends and cousins!  The online auction is not as long of a day as it used to be and the sale was over by 1PM.  Mike and I went to help sister in law Rosie move into a new home.  This was a busy, fun day!



My mom invited all the family over to their house for supper on Sunday night and even though we would have loved to stay the entire night, Mike and I had tickets to go hear Sidewalk Prophets sing.  We don't do a lot of concerts but I love them!  I was searching the other week online to see what's coming up locally with Christian groups in concert.  We've never been to a Sidewalk Prophets concert and it was good to be there!  We had a fun night!


You know how it goes, some weeks are packed full of events and the next week not so much.  Last week was full of fun events and attending the Inspire Event at Sight and Sound was yet another time for Mike and I to watch the Esther show, worship God, sing praise songs and listen to God stories of how Sight and Sound functions and performs the Bible shows!  We were reminded that we are here for a purpose!  Now!  And to "Be Still and Know that I am God" are words from the Bible that always give comfort!  We loved this event so much!!!!!


I almost forgot about the lettuce I planted a few weeks ago!  I was pulling out the string bean plants and cleaning up the garden area when I looked around and the lettuce was in full bloom!  It's beautiful and tender and tasty!!!!  I will be growing this blend again in the Spring because I just love it!  Red lettuce and buttercrunch are the best!!!!!



Mom and sisters all met at the new Hudson Botanical the other day for lunch!  It was yummy!!!!


And with it now being October, we went from petunias to flowering kale and mums!!!!




Matthew is finishing up the golf season but not without a trophy and some Penny Saver photos!!!!  We are so proud of this young man and the team is on their way to Districts!!!!



And ... the parade happened last week too!  Mike was out of town at a shed show and we hated to go without him but the kids have been looking so forwards to the parade and fair that we made a go of it!!!!  It was a nice night and they collected so much candy again.


Cousins got to sit together once again!!!  And I left the kids each pick one game to play!


Jody and her girls came this year and we walked the fair streets, grabbed some supper and then watched the parade together!


Just me and my little buddy!



Ashlyn and Austin both picked out a pumpkin a few weeks ago at the local road side stand and I told them to wait till October to carve it out because it might rot with the weather still being warm.  They had a blast digging out the seeds and making 'faces' with the pumpkin!





Cute!





Autumn is such a wonderful time of year of when the days are still warm but there's a chill in the air at night!  

Happy Fall!!!!