Tuesday, March 29, 2022

It's freezing outside!

 Wow!!!  Two weeks ago we welcomed Spring with warm temperatures and I planted pansies and lettuce and mowed the yard!  Today, we are back to feeling like winter outside!  As we were leaving church on Sunday, it was snowing!  Snowing ... Oh my!  It's not what we really want to see but that's what it is.


The weekend was mostly spent inside because the weather turned so cold!  Like freezing cold and in the 20's!!!!  Crazy!  Ashlyn was so happy with how her over light egg turned out and she very much enjoyed her avocado toast!  She's a lot like me and healthy choices are high on her priorities.  Mostly though, she's not afraid to try new foods.  Many times she ends up really liking them!  Like avocados!  She raved about her toast, avocado mash and egg that she made the second one and ate it!  She's good in the kitchen!




Friday night Ashlyn played well at her basketball game and scored a basket!  This is a blast to watch!





And this Little Man was all about visiting Bird-in-Hand Market on Saturday.  Meleah was staying at our house and the girls were begging to go to Target.  I wasn't really into that route but I knew the market sold cinnamon swirl bread and and so Ashlyn, Meleah and Austin went with me to the market and we strolled the isles!  Look what Austin tried on!!!  We bought some bread, the kids picked out some candy and we watched fudge being made!  



And then we came home and I covered up my lettuce plants!  The radishes are just popping through and I hope they will be ok with this cold weather!  When the label says "cold tolerant" does that mean freezing cold????



Last week, we planned a sisters day out and I always look forward to these days!  They are fun, we eat, we shop and we laugh!  The main purpose was to celebrate Jody and Fannie because they had March birthdays but Jody ended up having a funeral to attend and Fannie had to work because her house cleaning driver was sick.  We decided to still go and have fun!  First stop was at The Daily Grind.  We grabbed warm drinks and breakfast there!  Then we visited Hill Top Nursery in Quarryville!  They have such beautiful plants!  I loved these geraniums!!!!


Saturday morning, Matt called Mike and said that he has his boys out fishing and there's no one around.  He invited Matthew, Austin and Mike to join them!  It didn't take long for the boys to jump out of bed and grab their fishing gear and lunch and head to the pond and streams!  It was so cute to see Mike hop in Matthew's truck and drive the boys off to fish!  Mike likes to drive Matthew's truck now and then because it's stick shift and fun to drive.

They caught their limit.  They filleted the fish right on the spot and cooked in over Matt's tiny grill he had along.  Making memories like this are awesome!  Mike does such a good job at dropping his Saturday plans to have fun with the boys!  They all had a blast!


Ashlyn and I were watching it snow while Mike and Austin ran in for some pizza after church.  Let's have the warm tempts come back soon!!!!



We ate pizza and then wrapped up in blankets for a Sunday afternoon nap.  I always grab a cookbook and my calendar on Sunday afternoons because that's when I plan out my dinner menu for the upcoming week.  There's no pressure to follow my meal planning every day but I use it for guide.  I grocery shop every Monday and buy the things I need for our meals. Sometimes, if the weather is really cold and I had soup written down for Wednesday, maybe Ill switch it to Monday if I'm thinking soup would taste good.  I love to have my menus written out so I'm not wondering at 4 PM what I am making for supper that night!  It's a great way to actually try new recipes too because I jot down the things I need, grocery shop on Monday and then follow through the meal plans!  

We are so into March Madness right now too!  Basketball has really taken on a higher level in our family since the Warriors played so well this year!  Watching college basketball is now so fun!!!!  Usually it's Mike and I watching and then Matthew and the littles join our little party!  We play word scapes in between periods and half time.  Even though we are all ready for warmer weather and for winter tempts to be over with, there's something relaxing about a cold Sunday afternoon being all wrapped up in a blanket and being with your family!  I love it!!!!  We did end up visiting Matt and Lena and playing two rounds of Rummy O!  The kids always have fun when we go to their house!

Monday came around and Austin asked me to stick his school clothes in the dryer for a few minutes to warm them up before he gets dressed into them!  Spoiled kid!!!!  The kids are back in school and Austin can't wait for chapel on Wednesday because first grade is in charge.  I'm sure it will be inspiring!  Linville has the best chapel services!!!  Ashlyn has basketball games this week and a birthday!  We will be celebrating her special day!  And even though basketball is over for this season, Matthew and his friends are still meeting to shot around a lot!!!!  

The sun is shining.  It's freezing outside and we are blessed!  So very blessed!

Have a good week friends!