Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas week.

This is Christmas week and we are finished buying gifts.  They are all wrapped up and ready for Christmas day!  We cheered at two basketball games and made a meatball sandwich meal for the team!  The children had class Christmas parties I attended!  There was much happening and that's why I think this photo of Matthew racing down the basketball court is spot on!   


Christmas sweaters was the theme for one of the basketball games!  Go Warriors!


I made a fresh batch of Peanut Butter Crackers because these make the best little gift!  I grew up making these for the holidays and now I do the same thing for my family!  Spread peanut butter on a Ritz cracker and dip in chocolate.  Decorate with white chocolate!  They are delicious!



Wednesday night, we attended a Christmas Celebration at church!  The worship team sang carols and Christmas songs!  I loved it, of course! So much talent!  

Thursday was the day of parties in school!  Children were encouraged to wear red, green or festive sweaters!  I love themed events!  Austin made a snow globe craft and ate gingerbread cookies!



Mrs. Flahive is such a great teacher!  Austin is really enjoying second grade!  And here we have the twisted fingers again!

Thank you!

A story was read and Christmas vacation began!!!!!


I miss Ashlyn at the elementary campus because I didn't get to pop in her class party but that's how Upper Campus is.  They do things as groups more and that's OK.  She had a great party too!


I decided to quick shampoo the carpets before Christmas.  It needed it and I wanted it clean for when we open up gifts, etc..  Wow, look at that water.  Gross!  My intention was to just do the living room but after seeing the water, I think I might do more carpets in the house!  Anne is letting me use her machine and she's not in a hurry for it back.  Maybe after Christmas I'll get to more areas!


Friday, Mike and I went to Costco to buy some seafood and groceries for our Christmas meal!  The kids are now off of school till the New Year.  They think we can stay up late and watch movies and I do love that too but my work still needs to go on.  Laundry and housework is always on demand.

Christmas Eve Day was not off to good start.  Mike was under the weather.  Sneezing and not feeling the best.  I had a few groceries to grab yet in town that I didn't get at Costco and while I was gone, Austin pulled the drawers out of his dresser and the whole thing fell front.  The lights and cactus plant on top went crashing to the floor.  Dirt and cactus prickers everywhere.  Mike called me and said the pot broke and I said I'll swing by Ken's Garden for a new one.  I got home to a huffy husband and a very dirty bedroom and children that are sweeping up the mess.  The central vac is now clogged up big time.  Too much dirt and pottery pieces got swept up.  Mike went out to the hardware store for a snake line to try to unclog the sweeper.  He wasn't feeling well and did not want to deal with this issue.  We all knew it.  Matthew and I looked at each other a few times and laughed or got mad!  He was making a mess trying to clean out the sweep line and didn't care.

Anyway, Mike did calm down.  The sweeper is still clogged and we used the hand sweeper to clean up as good as we could for now.  The cactus got repotted.  The bedsheets had to get washed to rid of the prickers.  All so much work but by evening, we were happy to rest, relax and open up our stocking gifts.  Then we went to Tony's for some games.  Mike stayed home to not spread his germs but the rest of us went to play Four Up and Four Down with Tonys!  We swung by to see lights on the way home!  It was so fun!

Christmas Day is almost here!!!!