Friday, December 23, 2022

December happenings.

 

December is going by so fast that I didn't realize how behind I am on the blog.  It's always fun to catch up so here you go!

I wrote out a Christmas letter the other week and I just let me thoughts and hands think and type!  It ended up being four pages long but with some editing and small print I got it down to two pages!!!!  We've got them printed, stuffed and sent out to family and friends!




We've been busy with basketball games!  We love it!!!!!  The season began and we have only missed one game so far because of a banquet.  Even then we were able to check scores online while the game was played!  It's so fun watching these guys play again!






Christmas programs were performed at both schools!  Elementary Campus was first and Austin was so cute on stage with his second grade friends!







The day after the program, school decided to have a virtual learning day because there are so many sniffles flying around the classrooms.  So, thanks to covid back in 2020, school can offer this way of learning at times.  We stayed home and school around the dining room table.



After doing school, Ashlyn asked to make and decorate gingerbread houses.  They both picked out a house online and printed it out as a guideline.  They hot glued graham crackers together to make a house.  They we used icing for the candies and decorations.  They loved it!







And for recess, Ashlyn helped me blow away the last of the leaves!  


And I hopped on the mower one last time for the year.




The next morning, this is how the houses looked.  Now we know that the icing is not a great way to decorate.  This kind was too wet.



More basketball games!


I did a little bit of baking and I just love it that the blue birds found our feeders again!


I got a call from school saying that while they were practicing for the school play, Austin got all white, sweaty and didn't look good.  I was to pick him up.  I thought of stage freight but I picked him but and he was fine.  A few days later, he did have the headache bug and was home for three days.  It didn't knock him down totally but just didn't feel well!  In between lying on the couch, he helped me stamp cards!



Another fresh batch of biscottis!  I sprinkled some candy canes on some!  AND .... we finished the nativity puzzle!  This was a fun one!  We were missed three pieces at the end but after going through the vac dirt, I found two pieces.  With so many of helping to put this together and it being on the main table for weeks, only one piece missing is ok.


The gifts are wrapped and under the tree!  



The weather outside is really feeling like winter!  It feels so good to be inside and lite some candles.


The Upper School gave their program the following week and I loved the bells the best!





So much is happening all around us but we are good health, enjoying the fun events and seeing the children do the things they love to do is the best!!!!

Stay warm!