Monday, December 18, 2023

Christmas moments.

December is always a busy month for us and we are entering the busiest week of the year.  Every year I think to myself about how I can change my schedule so it's not that busy but I'm not the one planning programs and banquets and the basketball schedule.

 We have many Amazon deliveries being brought to our home with gifts we bought and some that others are giving to us!


I'm playing WJTL none stop these days because they have such great Christmas songs!!!


I need a huge print out of this reminder because we have a crazy busy week coming up!



I love that Mike puts on his calendar a date night out with me over the holidays!!!!  I love this man so much!  He needs some gym shoes and clothes since he's on the basketball coach bench this year!  We went to the mall and then grabbed a holiday coffee! 


I was jamming on Christmas songs as I filled Ritz crackers with peanut butter and then dipped them in chocolate!  These are a Christmas favorite for our family and we serve them at our workers banquet coming up.  

Austin's class did a great job at the Christmas program.  My Aunt Nance came into school and taught them how to sing Silent Night in German.  They then sang it at the program.  It was wonderful!



We woke up to this beautiful surprise!  To watch it snow and see the beauty is exactly what excites us for the winter season!  We had snow two mornings in a row and this is such a wonderful gift because we barely had any snow all last winter.



And to watch the birds come to the feeders fills me with joy!  We have these feeders right outside my kitchen window and I love to watch them while I work in the kitchen!


Basketball season has begun.  I felt a little overwhelmingness come upon me the other night as I laid in bed and started thinking about the sports starting up before Christmas.  We have full days and adding basketball practices and games just makes for a crazy schedule over the holidays.  Matthew is finished with high school games but is in a league with his old team.  I'd love to go and watch them play if I get the time.  On the top of my priority is Ashlyn playing in middle school basketball and her first week of games consisted of three games.  Take a deep breath and then Austin's games will begin after Christmas!  Go Warriors!


I love his Christmas spelling words!

Reminder!

It was so sweet to watch Austin play and create with Legos the other night in front of the Christmas tree.  After we tucked the kids in bed, I came out to the living room and saw this!  Just too cute!  The kids are growing up fast and it's moments like this that I cherish!





We are only a few weeks away from Christmas Day!  There's still some last minute gifts to buy and wrap.  I have a letter to print and cards to stuff into envelopes!  This is an exciting time of year and we are taking one day at a time!

Peace!