Monday, December 18, 2023

Longwood Gardens at Christmas!

 


When I got a text from some church friends inviting me to join them at Longwood Gardens ... I was super excited!!!!!  Yes, yes, yes ... even if it means adding something else to our crazy full week!  I love this place and going with church ladies was extra fun and special and I just loved it!!!!

As we entered and took the first path walk, I noticed this Lego tree!  Probably because Legos have been a huge hit in our family the past year and Matthew's put together some really cool cars, etc..  When I saw the Lego bird feeders I was amazed!  What a great idea!!!!  Now I want my boys to make me some of these!!!!






Longwood Gardens does wild and amazing things!  To add the biggest string lights to the middle of the pond, I mean why not?

Longwood also has a few tree houses that really cool!  You can go inside and check them out.  Hanging lots of ornaments from the ceiling was a stunning idea!  I loved this!


In another tree house was this tree that was so pretty!





This is the closest I will get to heaven this Christmas!!!!  It was breath taking!



Millions of ornaments and I spied a cactus!!!!



I just stood at this spot and gazed in amazement.  I mean look at this!  And then add the smell of white Lillies and fresh greens and hearing water fountains and seeing sparkles everywhere!  This was another favorite view of the day!!!!



Here's another spot I just stopped and paused and gazed at!  A live grapefruit tree with christmas trees all around.  Huge white and red poinsettia's followed the path all around the tree!  It reminds me of how the garden of Eden must have been.  Stunning!




The outside is just as beautiful as the inside views!





Power house of women right here!!!!


There are so many photo options in the gardens and this was a pretty spot!






My third favorite was this view!!!!  We were heading out right at dusk because we had dinner reservations.  We swung back to the beginning paths to see this!  The beauty was mouth dropping gorgeous!




Here's the crew!



After we left the beautiful Longwood Gardens, we went to the next most beautiful place!!!!  Terrian is so lovely and we ate dinner in a heated canopy tent and laughed and talked about hard and good times!  




The food is simply amazing!



Going through life with ladies like these that can listen to your heart is an incredible blessing!  This was a December highlight for me and I just loved, loved, loved it!!!!! Thank you ladies for planning this event!