Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Happy Easter!

 Palm Sunday was celebrated at church!  We came home and read the scriptures and watched a YouTube video of Jesus riding through Jerusalem on a donkey while people sang him praises.  I found a simple scripture reading plan for the week that we hope to do this week as a devotional!



Thursday night, we left for the cabin!  We spent the entire weekend with my family at the cabin for Easter.  Everyone but Jason's and Nada were up at some point!  My camera is not letting me download photos onto my phone but I have a few photos on my phone that I'll share!

The girls had a blast at the cabin riding the razor and four wheeler!



Shakia was able to join us too.  Here's the crew!


We play lots of games at the cabin.  Golf with Skipbo cards was the theme game.  Take One with scrabble pieces were played a lot too!  We drank hot chocolate with peeps and ate steaks and smashed burgers!  We always have good food up there!

We celebrated Ashlyn's birthday up there!  Mom brought up an ice cream cake!


Mom and Dad put $10 in a golden egg for each of the young grandchildren to find.  Many eggs were hunted in the woods!



I asked Mike to blow up these two numbers for a birthday decoration for Ashlyn and he came back into the camp with a blown out #3.  I just laughed and we hung them on the back door!  So much for being fancy! 🤣


We remembered the real meaning of Easter while at the cabin!  Jesus came to earth a long time ago to die for our sins!  To set us free from bondage and fears and sins!  Remembering the brutal death of Jesus on the cross has me again so thankful for God's kindness and grace on me!  Thank you Jesus for dying for me!!!!!  For forgiving my sins!  For setting me free from death!!!!!  And then rising three days later!  JESUS IS ALIVE!!!!




We woke up Monday morning with Ashlyn throwing up.  Then Austin threw up.  What is going on?  We cleaned the cabin, packed up and headed home.  We stopped twice for Austin to throw up.  Poor guy.  Mike's truck started giving us problems and I called Matthew to see if there's any chance he could meet us and bring us home if the truck keeps acting up.  He answered his phone with saying he's throwing up.  What is this???  We babied Mike's truck the whole way home having to stop numerous time to shut it down and restart.  There was a few times that we were driving down the highway only going 32 miles an hour and with our four ways on.  We made it home and the kids went straight to the couch!  Matthew didn't was home on the mend.  When we realized that Matthew was throwing up, we started texting my family to see if anyone else was sick.  We went to bed with Mike and I's stomach on the edge and not feeling great.


This must be a crazy stomach bug because almost every single one of us were throwing up or not feeling well on Tuesday.  Mike and Matthew stayed home from work.  The kids and I were on the couch not well.  Last night, we were on the mend!!!!  Austin is the only one dragging yet and I hope he will be feeling well soon!  Crazy bug!!!!

Happy Easter to you and your family!  Jesus died and rose again three days later!

HE IS ALIVE!!!!