Monday, April 22, 2024

Blooms!

 Ashlyn is really enjoying a youth group that she's been going to for the past year!  They had a retreat she loved every minute of the weekend!!!!  


Lena and I were in charge of the big event of Grandparents Day at school last Wednesday and the day went well!  We served over 500 people!  The Gold Rush Breakfast Casserole was a hit along with donuts and fresh fruit and juice!  One of the moms put together some flower bouquets and I got to bring some back home!  This is stunning by my kitchen window!  It's filled with fresh cherry blossom branches!  



Here's another boutique!



It's Meadow Tea season again!  My family loves this tea!  I grew up with my mom asking me to run out back and cut a big bowl of "apple mint" tea and then she would wash it, boil a pot of water and steap the tea for 10 minutes.  Add a cup of sugar to the concentrate and fill the rest of the jar with water.  Cool and enjoy!  Its a refreshing mint drink that we enjoy all summer long!


The Cherry Bloosom trees are full of blooms!!!!  It looks like cotton candy outside my windows!








I call these snowball plants but I'm not really sure the real name of them?  They smell delightful and make a cute bouquet by my windowsill!



The cardinals are still so stunning right now!  I love birds and for many years I wished for nice birds but we always had lots of outdoor cats and kittens running around.  Well, we are down to one friendly cat and the birds arrived!  It's a delight watching them from inside!




My morning walks at the park with my friend from town is just the accountability I need!  We've been walking each morning for well over a year and the seasons have been wonderful here!  Watching the trees bud and now bloom and the tulips and birds and frogs in the pond peak their heads through the water have been so fun to watch!  Our world is such a beautiful place to live!