Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back From Camp

Camp Week …
Hadassah has been at camp since Monday afternoon and came home last night. She loved it! When I dropped her off on Monday, she was nervous, yet at the same time, very excited! She loves to hang out and have a blast and being in a cabin of all girls, all her age, all excited about what they will learn this week, and all of the ‘camping experience’ brought smiles!

She called on Wednesday night. We had just crawled into bed and my phone rang. It was 10:00 PM and Mike said, “Don’t answer it. Who would be calling this time of the night?” I thought that it might be Hadassah and so I did answer the phone. (I usually like to obey my husband but this was a phone call I didn’t want to miss if it was Hadassah!!!  He didn't either if it was her.) Yep. “Hi mom! I just wanted to call and say good night!!!” I said back, “Hi. Are you having fun? Do you miss us?” “No, I just wanted to call and say good night. And yes I am having fun!” She sounded so excited and bouncy and I was just imagining her trying to actually sleep with all that energy in her yet! “OK. Sleep good and I love you. Oh wait … daddy wants to say good night too!” (Don’t you love when answering the phone was the right thing to do? Smile.) Mike talked to her a little and then they ended their conversation with “good bye, sleep good”.It was great to hear her voice and know that she’s having a good time!

Thursday afternoon, Mike dropped off a rose and some of her favorite 'pretzel m&m’s' off at camp and gave it to Hadassah.  She was glad to see him and loved his gift!

Matthew could not wait for Friday evening when we could go and see Hadassah's camp program.  The program started at 6:00 and so we were racing around trying to get out of the house and get to camp on time.  (Why is it so hard to be on time???  I hate being late but so many times it's my fault.  We were on our way when I realized that I left some counselor gifts in the living room.  We quickly turned around and headed back home.  I grabbed the gifts, trying not to spill my supper that we had on the go and coffee that I was trying to enjoy.  We got there just as they were beginning the program!!!)  Hadassah was glad to see us!  We were happy to see her too! 

The kids gave a program with each group doing some kind of skit.  Hadassah's group sang some songs.  After the camp stories, songs, and hearing about the neat experiences that happened at camp, we gathered Hadassah's luggage and headed back home.  Ginger, our dog, was at home waiting for her time to see Hadassah again!  She was so delighted when Hadassah walked through the door!

We spent the rest of the night as a family hanging out.  It feels so good to have Hadassah back home!

THIS WAS HADASSAH'S GROUP ...
HADASSAH AND HER COUNSELORS ... MARY BETH & KATE
EACH GROUP DECIDES ON A NAME.  THIS WAS HADASSAH'S GROUP NAME.
THIS WAS THE ROSE FROM HER DADDY!

THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE
2011 CAMP WEEK A GREAT WEEK FOR OUR DAUGHTER!