Friday, July 5, 2013

Red, White & Blue = Freedom!

Happy Fourth of July!!!  It was a celebration!!!

We did sparklers Sunday.  Ashlyn loved it until she disobeyed and touched a hot stick.  We said over and over again to NOT touch the sticks after they are all burned off.  We had a bowl for all the 'finished sparklers'.  Even though I was right there helping her, she still ended up touching a hot stick and burnt her pointer finger a bit.  We applied some ice and she seemed to be OK.  She has a small blister now on her finger.  :/


We picked Blackberries!!!  My brother's got a bunch of plants and so the kids and I picked some yesterday!  The kids will enjoy these yummies for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!  :)

I also made blueberry muffins.  Fresh blueberries are in season and Ashlyn and I love them the best!!!  I thought maybe if I put them in muffins the other kids would enjoy them too.  They do!

 We actually had a rain free day yesterday!!!  Rosie took Hadassah and Jeffrey shopping in the morning and then we met them at the pool.  What a great warm afternoon at the pool!!!

I do not like the words "cotton candy" but if you are a kid ... it seems to scream for your attention!  It doesn't matter how it's served!  In the original cotton candy style or pressed into ice cream cups!  They each thought it was a must to have one!!!  :)  Matthew is giving me a very cheesy "cheese"!



Hadassah had Ashlyn in the pool again with her.  They both seem to love this time together!  I think it's adorable!!!



We spent the evening last night not watching a firework display but watching a ball game.  The Gators had a rain out make up game so we went.  If Mike's there, so are we!  The night got late.  Too late for a toddler to stay content and not get miserable.  She needed her bed!  Her mom did too!  :)

We did get to see a few fireworks here and there from the park!  I was so glad because the 4th of July just isn't complete without some sparklers in the sky!!!  And speaking of sparklers, we saved a few packs to do on the back porch for last night.  We got home from the game and forgot all about them.  I guess we can do them tonight!!!

Let's not take our freedom lightly!  We sure have it good here in the states but it didn't come without a cost.  There were lots of soldiers and men and women that gave their lives for our freedom today!!!

God bless America!!!!!