Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend highlights!!!

We finally got our long waited for date night accomplished!!!  It was one of the best!!!  Really!  I have only dated one man and that man I live with today is still the love of my soul and I treasure ALL the dates I have with him!  But this date on Saturday evening was one of the best!!!

Saturday was another hot day here in our county.  Hadassah had a friend come and stay overnight.  The girls slept in.  Mike planned to have a day at home!  This only happens a few times out a year and so I was looking forwards to just working and doing errands around the house with him working beside me.  We slept in and while drinking our coffee and eating our over light eggs and toast, we talked and enjoyed each other.  The kids woke up and then it was more breakfast fixings and Mike and Matthew were off to find a new switch for my kitchen stove.  My front burner switch that goes from a big burner to a little burner is broke and needs a new one.  They went to the hardware to see if they had what they needed.  Meanwhile, Hannah was picked up at our house and Zoey (the puppy from Ginger) was dropped off here.  We are caring for Zoey while Mim's family vacations!  Then the girls and I went for some late lunch yummies at the Haiti Sale.  It was so warm and we finished off our salad and fries with some homemade ice cream.  We headed back home thinking that we would go and relax at the pool together.  Then some clouds rolled in and it looked like it could rain.  We decided to instead give Ashlyn a nap at home and have a sitter come and stay with the children while Mike and I go out alone.

What a perfect plan!!!  Mike and I headed out for Bonefish Grill and used our gift card!  The food was so good!!!  I love those "Saucy Shrimp"!  Then we went to Wolf Furniture hoping to find some ideas for the girls.  Bingo!  Ashlyn is ready for a bed and get out of her crib.  Hadassah sleeps in a single bed.  We found a bed that we like but now it's my job to look online for a better price.  :) 

Then we drove into the city and found "Rachel's Crepe's".  We sat outside sipping on a coffee and smoothie while totally enjoying a cheesecake crepe!  We were in no hurry and really just enjoyed being out together.  Just him and I!!! 


Next, we drove off to a car dealership and looked at some vehicles.  We dream of upgrading some day!  We like to dream for a long time before things become reality!!!  :)  We walked around the dealership amazed at the vehicles and VERY amazed at the sky!!!  God displayed a gorgeous sunset and we stood and gazed at the sky in wonder! 
 
Where now?  The music we were listening too just added to our love filled, romantic night!  Mike drove us to a train track close to home.  We pulled off to the side of the road and walked onto the tracks.  We walked up a small sloop and laid on the new seeded grass and watched the sky again.  I don't ever remember seeing a light display like what we watched ever before.  As we watched, the clouds filled with lightening bolts flashed.  There was no storm near us.  The air was warm with only a slight breeze.  (If I am making this sound too perfect, it really was like this!!!)  The moon was all but full and the sky just flashed one lightening stoke after the next.  It was so neat!!!  We sat there for almost an hour loving EVERY minute together!!!

As we drove back home, we were greeted by a driveway filled with lots of chalk art.  The children drew all over the lane and we read things that said, "Be a fruit loop in a world full of cheerios."  "Shine for Jesus."  And lots more.  I hear that they had fun at home too and after their movie, I took the sitter home.  Thanks Maryana!!!

It was a late night but one I will never forget!!!  Thanks so much Mike for taking me out on that date and for being my very best friend!!!  I love you so much!!!

................................................

Sunday we went to church.  We were challenged by this statement.  "If you try to fill a void with the things the world has to offer, you will end up lower than you were."  And, "we can never fool God.  Keep our eyes focused and steadfast on Jesus.  Drink from His living water and thirst no more!  When the harvest is ready, we better be ready.  Jesus IS coming back!  If we want to be part of God's kingdom in heaven, we must be part of God's kingdom on earth.  We must be born again!!!"  Great thoughts!!!

We ate some delicious market wraps with Matt and Lena for lunch.  Thanks!

I didn't get a nap because our toddler decided she didn't need one.  I finally gave up the thought at 4:00 and got on some running gear.  Mike was out doing a 30 plus mile bike ride with some guys and that was the motivation I needed to get some exercise myself.  :) 

After I was showered and I was getting frustrated by the minute at why Mike wasn't home yet.  I knew that this new sport would be much different than running and time just got away from him.  He was out much longer than he had told me he would be.  When he did get home, he was tired and hungry.  It's not real often that I hear him say, "I am SO hungry."  I knew his workout was tough.  His legs, shoulders and butt will need some getting used to if you know what I mean!!!  :)

After Mike was all showered up, we were off to bless Anthony at his farewell party.  He is going to Mexico in missions next week.  Blessings to you Anthony!!! 

From there we also went to relax around a campfire with great friends!  Thanks Wayne and Linda for the invite!  The chatter is always interesting and fun!!!  (I am confident that you guys will play great ball next weekend!!!  :)  Go REBELS!!!)

Weekends are so much fun and never dull!  That's the way we like it!

.......................................

A prayer request!!!  Although we had a great weekend, we couldn't help but pray and think continually of my Uncle Merv and his family.  Merv feel off a wagon being pulled by a tractor on Friday evening.  The tractor was going at a good speed and suddenly jack knifed and threw him, his daughter Laura and an employee flying through the air.  They all three hit the ground hard.  Laura was bruised but OK.  Steven, the employee, was taken to the hospital and was in the trauma unit but is now home healing from his bruises.  But, Uncle Merv was also taken to the hospital and had brain surgery that night.  Please pray for Merv and the family!!!  Things still seem so uncertain.  He has a bad head injury and it will take God to bring complete healing!!!  We believe in miracles and claim His peace and His healing power on Merv!!!  Please, please pray that Merv will be touched by God and that he will recover to full recovery!!! 

We love the Beiler family!  We are praying for you!!!