Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ocean Waves!!!

As I download my pictures from my camera, it tells me I have 100 photo's since last Friday to upload to the computer.  Goodness!

With all the emotions around our family the past few days, we did manage to have some fun mixed in too.  Last Friday, we were invited to hop along to the beach just for the day with Hadassah's good school friends and the moms!  I wasn't sure we could swing going for the day with knowing that we had the weekend ahead of us at the cabin with family.  (We did not go to the cabin then after all because of the sad death of Uncle Merv.)  However, I just can't stand the thought and words for me to always tell the children, "I'm just too busy."  Or, "Maybe next time we can ...".  Or, "How about we wait to your a bit older?"  I am fully aware of the real life times that saying "NO" is the right answer, but too often those "NO's" are because I just don't want to be so busy or an excuse.  Or because I don't feel like it.  Anyway, this time we did say "YES" to going along to the beach for the day and I am so glad we did!!!  The girls had such a great time.  The boys did too.  And, YES, we moms always find something to chat about and I enjoy the mothers of all these girls so much!!!  Thanks Carol for the invite!!!  It's a memory we will not forget!

Here the girls are enjoying the sunshine, ocean, and sandy beach!!!


Cheyenne had a cousin join in on the girl fun.  She was down for the week with her family and it was nice to add more girl fun!


Jelly fish ... Matthew and Andrew shoveled out a tunnel and made a big sand pile.  Boys will just dig in the sand all day!  It's what they like to do while the girls sun!!!


The waves were huge right when we arrived.  The lifeguards actually rescued some people and had "dangerous surf" flags out to warn about the big waves.  Hadassah and Cheyenne still jumped in and enjoyed the water!


Matthew took his buggie board along and loved that!!!





The girls jumping in the ocean ...


I knew without a doubt that Hadassah and Matthew would love the ocean and so it was a privilege to take both of them along!!!  (Many thanks to Jody for babysitting Ashlyn!!!)


Matthew and Andrew also made an alligator in the sand.


My oldest is just about as tall as me .... :/.  Where did the years go?  I enjoyed the time together very much!!!  Love you girl!!!


The four girls are ready for some Grotto Pizza and wished to buy matching shirts somewhere but didn't find a good buy.  Such great friends!


Of course ... you must have a crazy photo shot!!!  :)  Love it!!!


Matthew and Andrew had a blast together.  Thanks Andrew for being a great friend!


We got home late and we were so exhausted from the sun, waves, and all the traveling.  Praise to God for giving us a beautiful day and for keeping us all safe and sound!!!

We are blessed!!!