Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Preparing for another snow storm!!!

I'm not kidding when I say, "This Winter sure is bringing us WINTER weather!!!"  It's been years since we had one snow after the next.  And, we have it in the forecast once again.  This time they are saying, "Heavy snow starting tonight and into all day tomorrow.  12 - 16 inches expected."  I wish I could say that I am totally into this but then I wouldn't be honest.  I usually do like the snow.  The getting snowed in with friends.  The lazy day it usually brings.  The warm drinks tastes better when it's snowing outside.  But, this snow storm is not bringing those emotions inside of me.  Here's why ...

We have a family vacation coming up and it will be in the sunny south!!!  I have most of our bags packed and ready for the long road trip.  I am packing swimsuits, sunglasses, short sleeve shirts, sandals, sun tan lotion, sand toys ... everything we will need for a warm vacation!!!  My mind is already thinking "let's get somewhere warm"!!!

I hope the snow storm won't interfere with our traveling plans!!!  We are all super excited about the trip and so being delayed because of snow would not be 'so cool'.  (Yes, pun intended there!!!)  We are also aware that this big storm is coming from the south so please pray that we will have safe travels!!!  We hope that by the time we actually head south, those roads and weather will all be good to go!!!

With all the joys and fun moments that come with vacations, it does take a bit of organization before actually leaving.  I will probably have the kids full help tomorrow if all the snow that is predicted comes!  With that much snow being forecasted, there probably won't be any school.?.  If that happens, it will give the kids the perfect opportunity to work on their school lessons that they will need to take with on vacation.  This could also get interesting with three children wanting to help zip up bags and clean up the house!  :)

Ashlyn keeps talking about our upcoming trip.  She is seeing me pack her summer things and has for days now walked around the house in her flips.  Today her comment was, "I can get snow in Florida."  My response to that was, "No, there won't be any snow there."  (I sure hope not!!!  :)  )  She looked at me wide eyed and said, "What then?  Dirt?"  She is so cute!!!  I smiled and said, "Sand!!!!"  I can't wait to watch her play in the sun and get her small toes feeling the white beach sand!  I know she will look darling with the golden tans that comes along with vacationing in the warm south!!!

Reality is ... that we will still be in town when this big snow storm shows up!!!  I have bread, eggs, milk and water on hand.  It will be exciting to see how much we do actually get!!! 

Enjoy the snow storm.  Be safe.  Stay warm.  And if you are like us ... keep thinking warm weather thoughts!  :)