Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Life celebrations.

I guess I will start with our first celebration over the weekend!  Matthew had a little league tournament all day Saturday.  He woke up early, ate some cereal, hit a few balls with Mike in the back yard and they were off to the game all by 7:35 AM!  Matthew's first game started at 8.  Meanwhile, I was home getting breakfast for Hadassah's sleep over girlfriends.  The girls were picked up here by 10 and then I got to go watch Matthew play ball!!!

Matthew played great!!!  Their team really improved since last year.  Mostly because they are all another year older and better.  I think another reason is they are more confident and know each other by now.  They are so much fun to watch play and they make plays that I question if I could even make?!!!  Really ... they are good!  They are so good that they finished the whole tournament in second place!!!  Their final game was close and they were focused!  Between the rains, they got the games played and finished with everyone enjoying a Rita's treat!!!  The whole day was great and we are so proud of how the Rockies played!!!

 They start each game with prayer!

Batter up ... Matthew hit great all day!  He even had a grand slam!!!  I sat there so proud and cheered loud.  I love to see him have fun and be the best he can be.  His daddy is his best coach and trainer!  They still practice almost every night in the back yard!

 Swinging with all his might!

Defense ...


The day started out with bright sunshine!  Throughout the afternoon some storm clouds moved in and then gave us a few showers.  While it rained, we all ran for cover!  We waited out the rains and got to finish the tournament at 7 PM!  The little people that watched on the sides just couldn't help themselves in the dirt and mud!  Ashlyn was so dirty till the long day at the park was over!  I even changed her clothes once because she was so muddy and wet!



Standing on third base getting ready to run home!!!


After having to play the second game in the finals, these boys were still proud of finishing in second!  (The other team was undefeated until they played us.  We won the first game so they had to play the second game in the finals.)  The boys kept their energy up all day but Matthew was exhausted by the time he got to bed!  Many thanks to all the dads that coached and helped with the games! 


Hadassah was roaming the park and enjoyed the time with her friends too.

Another celebration we had this past weekend was on Sunday!  Mother's Day was great and the kids blessed me with a huge card and a beautiful orchid flower.  They gave me lots of hugs and kisses!  All the moms at church were given a fresh cup of else meadow tea or brewed tea!  Tasty!  Plus each got a bag of candy and a snack.  How thoughtful!

We came home for lunch and Mike grilled up two steaks that have been marinating for a few days!  We topped our salads with the steaks and it tasted great while sitting on the back porch enjoying the warm day!!!  Mike went for a 30 mile bike ride while I sat in the sun and the toddler girl napped.  The other two kids bounced balls and played together.  The day of extra treats was special!

 
 
Yesterday, I celebrated my 33rd birthday.  Mike and the kids all woke up saying "Happy birthday!!!"  I got to go with my Sisters, Mom & Mommy D. for lunch.  We tried a new place that serves a huge Chinese buffet.  We also did some shopping.  The relaxing day (well, after doing tons and tons of laundry from the weekend) was awesome!  The weather was warm ... even hot at times.  When we got into Jody's van to leave the restaurant, it was so hot!  The first of summer tempts hit us but we didn't dare complain!  We are ready for warmer tempts!!!  I got home time enough to mow the yard, do the trimming and blow the porches and driveway.  The kids got home from school and after supper, we all went to another ballgame.  Matthew's team won again!!!  All these fun times at the ballparks are making memories!!!
 
Turning another year older is not a big deal.  I still feel young (because I am :)  )!  I am so blessed and never would have imagined how much fun it is having such a great family and a wonderful husband!  Mike came home last night with four new torches for our fire pit area and a big starbucks latte for me!  Thanks Babe!!! 
 
Celebrating life is a blessing!  God has been so good to me!!!