Thursday, May 29, 2014

Track-N-Field Days ...

We are so busy these last few days that blogging has just been put back on my to-do list when I get the chance to sit and post!  I love to stay updated and not let my blogging back up in my mind.  But, our past few days have been in and out of the house that I just didn't take the time to sit down and blog.  So here goes ... :).

My week last week was a busy one.  I had my daily schedule planned out but when Hadassah's track-n-field day got canceled and postponed to Friday ... I felt a slit panic arise inside of me.  I was home on Wednesday, which was nice, but I couldn't do the yard in the rain.  Nor could I do the laundry for the week because it was still just Wednesday.  I did do my packing for our fun upcoming weekend!  I also did some kitchen chores and tried to work ahead.

Thursday was a beautiful day and perfect for Matthew's track-n-field day!  He was on the blue team and it's always so much fun watching him do the relays in the morning hours.  I got subs for our lunch and then watched Matthew do his track/running events!  Days out of the classroom are such fun for a boy that loves the outdoors!  Good job Matthew!!!  So proud to watch you perform so well!


Ashlyn and her friend Ava cheered for their brothers after taking a swing ride!


Doing a big jump for the long jump competition!

Water girl ... and throwing a softball as far as he could!
Basketball shots and here is Matthew after his 400 Meter Run.  He flopped on the grass right after crossing the finish line!

I brought the kids along home with me and I knew that we had to work 100 miles an hour if I wanted to get everything accomplished on my list!  Hadassah helped me clean the house!  Matthew took out the trash and entertained Ashlyn.  Mike came home from work and after supper, he got on the mower and mowed the lawn!  I did the trimming and blew off the drive way.  Hadassah and I picked lots of tea and I brewed four gallons of meadow tea.  In between the jobs, I printed the church bulletins.  I'm telling you that we were all multitasking!!!  By 9 PM, Mike looked at me and asked, "Are you ready to retire for the night?"  "Yes!"

Friday was another nice day and not as humid.  I did some laundry first thing and then was out the door for another full day at school.  Hadassah had her track-n-field day.  I would never want to miss these days at school because it's so fun to watch the kids give it their all!  Mike and I were both happy that we could cheer from the sidelines and cheer them on!  Hadassah had most of her events before lunch and that was perfect for us!  We were able to leave school early and come home to load up all our luggage, food, pillows, blankets ... sometimes when we go for weekend trips it seems like we need everything but the kitchen sink.  :)  The kids did a great job with helping and Mike was right on time with coming home from work!  We were on our way to a weekend at the cabin with great friends by 4:30 PM!  (More to come on this fun weekend!)

Hadassah is doing the hurdles.  Big jumps!

 Hadassah excels in long jump!  She is a great jumper and her best this day was jumping 11 feet 6 inches!!!  Wow!!!  Good job girl!  She is proud of her blue, first place ribbon for this jump!

 
 
The kids did such a great job with all their events and they both had so much fun!  Good job guys!!!