Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring work!

I was excited to turn my calendar page over to May because this happens to be one of my favorite months.  Now I just want to enjoy the moments!!!  :)  Enjoy them without being overwhelmed with our full schedule (if you know what I mean???  :) )! 

I started my day out Friday with doing laundry, sending my husband off to work, and then getting the kids off to school!  Sister Jody and I then went to some yard sales and I was happy to buy a pair of running shoes that look brand new, Under Armor at that, for $7!!!  We grabbed a few other things and we got back pleased with our bargains!

Yesterday also happened to one of those days that lots of outside work got done around here!  Mike had originally planned to go golfing in the afternoon but because it was too windy, he still decided to leave his office and instead come home to work outside!!!  That's music to any ladies ears when their husband says he's going to work around the house, right?!!!  I am blessed and Mike got home just as I was ready to head out to mow the yard.  The grass is so nice and green and grows fast with all our many rains we've been having.  The air is still on the cooler side so when we do get the sunshine beaming, it grows quick!  I got on the mower while Mike jumped on the tractor.  We moved the gazebo off it's platform the other week because the platform needs some repairs.  We also decided to just keep the gazebo on the ground instead of setting it up a few feet.  Mike started to push the platform and level out all the dirt.  Ashlyn was sleeping when he got home so when she woke up she was so happy to join with the tractor work!  :)  Meanwhile, I mowed the yard and trimmed.  In between Mike's pushing dirt, he also scooped the rest of our 16 yards of mulch around the pine trees.  We need just a bit more so we are not quiet done yet.  Almost!  I hoed the piles of mulch and evened it out.  I also planted the rest of my flowers!!!  We should be having lots of color around the house soon!!!  Love that!






By now, the kids were home from school and they dug right into some snack and then bounced balls and played outside.  Hadassah entertains herself all the time with just a ball.  The soccer ball.  The basketball.  Volleyball.  She bounces it on the front walks and on the driveway.  She hums as she bounces.  The joys of being a free child right?  Precious!!!  Matthew and Ashlyn were hitting golf balls out in the field.  Then rode trikes. 

I told her to go inside and get some shoes and a jacket on.  This is how she came back outside!!!  So cute!




The rest of my vegetables that I had in the garage got planted also!!!  Now the tomatoes, peppers and watermelon are planted.  I need to get some cucumbers yet to plant!  I uncovered our lettuce and was delighted to see how much they grew!  I was disappointed to see that some of my plants had died off though.  Not sure why?








I blew off the dirty driveway and called it a day!  My muscles get so sore from not using certain ones all winter and then going outside full tilt, well, I get sore.  Good exercise though!!!  Mike had a really late ballgame last night, so the kids and I stayed home warm and dry!  All the stray rains we've been having makes for some canceled games already.

Today, I started my day out bright and early going to more yard sales.  A big development that we have made an annual event to go to, we went again.  Jody and her girls and Hadassah and I.  We found some more treasures but more than anything we love the thrill of getting out.  We only do this a few times a year (another reason I like May) and that is eating egg rolls and fried rice early in the morning.  It fits the yard sale mood!!!  :)

I think we have a relaxing weekend ahead of us and if the weather is nice, we will be enjoying the outdoors!  Maybe some campfires?  We had our first smores roast last Sunday and the kids roasted some hot dogs.  Thanks John and Naomi for hosting our drop in!!!  :)