Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring fun ...

We are enjoying our Spring very much!  So far, it is consisting of lots of baseball, outside work and gardening!  Now that the mulching is done, we are getting ready for school to be over and for many summer pool days!  Our weather is still trying hard to get the tempts in the 70's & 80's.  We have a warm day here and there but for the most part, our days are still on the chilly side.  With the tempts not too warm, the spring garden veggies are growing!  We picked our first head of lettuce out of the garden the other night and it tasted so delicious!  We also picked some radishes and they added just the right zest to the fresh tossed greens!  I have yet to eat some fresh cooked asparagus though.  I did get some from sister Jody on Saturday and hope to enjoy that tonight at meal time!  Fresh brewed meadow tea is now sitting in the fridge.  The kids just love this tasty drink!


Looking ahead at my calendar for this week, it's going to be a busy one!  Both kids have track-n-field this week and I really hope the weather is nice for them!  Lots of sunshine would be great!!!  Matthew's got a field trip too.  I will be at school a little more than usual this week but I love this time of year!  School is winding down and it's fun to see the children finish up their last studies and tests.

Midst the school and house work, Mike and I got to have a night out just the two of us on Saturday night!  We had a sitter come to the house (thanks Jennifer) while we went for dinner and an evening of just my man and I!  I love nights like these and I am so thankful that we try to do this often!  Life seems to fly by so fast and so getting some time just with Mike is a must!  We decided to use another gift card and we both ate a delicious meal at Bonefish Grill!  I could eat some of it again right now!  My fish was so tender and the sweet mango salsa on the side was perfect!  Mike ordered the muscles for an appetizer and he really liked those too.  I can hardly go to this restaurant without getting some 'saucy shrimp'.  I think they are the best, really!!!  The first time I tried some, I wanted a straw to drink up the remaining sauce off my plate!  They are just that good!!!  We rarely get dessert when we eat out on a date because we like to eat dinner, then go for a walk or stroll through the mall.  Later, we sip on coffee together and sometimes then eat a sweet bite.  Mike needed new running shoes so we went right to the place he bought his other pair and we walked out with three new pairs of shoes for him!  No, not all three running shoes ... but running, casual and work shoes.  He was pleased!!!  Starbucks supplied our coffee.  (Oh, yeah, and when we walked into Starbucks, I noticed something on the floor.  I picked it up and it was a gift card of $10 to Panara Bread.  Wow.)  Their blond roast is my favorite coffee from there!  Then we made a stop at friends of ours to see their home.  We are still dreaming about remodeling our house some day and we really liked the King's previous home they built.  They now moved and bought a rancher style house and remodeled it, so we thought that maybe we would like to do something similar!?.  They have a beautiful, gorgeous home and property and maybe we can use some of their ideas when we ever get to redo our home?  We got home late but the children were still up, well except for the smallest one, and they had a great time right here at home!  I love when they too have fun!

Sunday was a sunny day but again still a little chilly.  We went to Sunday School and then to host family for lunch!  Thanks Merv and Erma for the yummy meal!  Mike then went for a 30 mile bike ride with Matt Lapp.  Mike is loving this weather for biking and he enjoys this sport so much!  The two oldest went home with my parents after church, so that left a quieter house for Ashlyn and I to take naps.  Then we met the kids and my family at Uncle Alvin's for a supper!  We presented our dads with tickets to go Cheyenne, Wyoming this summer.  We also gave them a paid fare for tickets to the rodeo out there.  Five men are going and they were surprised with their early Father's Day gift!!!  They are super excited!!!  The kids fished and played around Alvin's pond.  They have such a nice play for children to roam and have fun!  The little girls loved the swings while the adults warmed around the campfire!!!  Thanks for the good food and fun night Alvin and Ruth!

It's the start of a busier week this week but it will be fun!  Enjoy the sunshine because it does make our food and plants grow!  It makes me smile and happy too!  Sunny days make me feel good!  The sunshine has a way of making life pleasant!!!  I'm going outside now to enjoy the afternoon in the sun! 

Be blessed this week!