Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas vacation has begun!

Christmas vacation has officially begun ... at least for the kids!!!  :)  I have all the gifts wrapped and under the tree.  Hadassah keeps mentioning something about taking her to town for a gift for Mike and I, but I'm not sure that's going to happen?!?  I baked a small batch of peppermint meltaways because ever since I found this recipe, I just think every Christmas has to have these cookies around!  I also made my first batch of pretzel bark but I am nervous.  It doesn't quit look like Suz's!  :/  I hope it will taste good!  I also have two big pots of mashed potatoes to prepare for both Mike and I's family meals.  I volunteered to do this!  I'm so happy the mother's are willing to host so I will bring whatever!!!  :)  I want to also make a few small things for just us to eat tomorrow night on Christmas Eve! 


So, my vacation has not really begun yet ... but it will!  I do plan on relaxing and having fun with the children while they have two weeks off of school!  To keep them occupied will be a challenge.  Hadassah and Matthew both do great in school.  Ashlyn loves when they are home to play with her but it seems they end up teasing each other a lot.  This might be the perfect time to get out the big puzzle and have us work hard at it?!?  Puzzles is something Ashlyn and I do every single day.  She's got lots of small puzzles and she loves, loves to lay on the floor together and put them together.  She just got a new one from Mike's mom at the employee banquet and she must have done it over twenty times already!  She loves it!

Mike's been in NY the past two days and we are looking forward to having him back home tonight.  It might just be another "Home Alone" movie night together.  He bought the whole set for the kids the other day and it's all they want to do at night.  When Mike and I slipped out for a "Ugly Sweater Party" the other night, they stayed home alone watching "Home Alone".  :)  My parents stopped in and joined the movie fun for a while.  Thanks to Ritchie for finding us some last minute ugly sweaters at Goodwill!!!  Hadassah was so embarrassed when Mike called Goodwill and asked if they have any ugly Christmas sweaters!  The man answered, "You might find a few!"  :)  I think we won!!!  Mike's colorful jacket/sweater took the cake!  Everyone was laughing at him!  I wore a mans sweater that was too big but it had Christmas color strips.  I think they will go right back to Goodwill now!  Thanks to Mike's Uncle John and Kathy for hosting a fun party!

Today, Matthew had his Christmas Party at school.  His teacher treated them to popcorn and games and then two of us mother's helped serve a heavier snack.  Meatball sliders, veggies and dip, fruit kabobs, drink and candy.  They also made a 3D snowflake as a craft.  The party was fun. 



Hadassah went with middle school to sing at an old folks home.  They were back for early dismissal and everyone was excited about leaving school for lots of Christmas vacation! 

We are blessed to have a Christian school that teaches the real meaning of Christmas! 

Be merry!