Thursday, December 18, 2014

First doctor visit for baby on the way!

I called the doctor and made my first appointment!  I was excited and I couldn't wait to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.  I was so excited that I asked Mike to go with me.  I thought it would be special for him and I to hear it together for the first time.  He decided to go along and have an appointment for himself.  He needed a physical to keep his CDL license up to date.  Perfect then!  We made two appointments, right after each other.

I picked up Mike at the shop and we stopped for a quick soup and sandwich and then headed to the doctor's office!  When we go to the doctors office, the nurse started with all the normal procedures.  Weight.  Blood pressure. She asked tons of questions and finally we got to see the doctor!  Pap.  Then we listened for the heartbeat.  We listened some more.  She kept pushing on my belly and moving the Doppler all around.  Then she said she's going to try another way by tilting my uterus a bit.  Then we listened again.  Still we didn't hear the baby's heartbeat.  Only mine.  Mine came through clear as a whistle.  She was determined to get it but finally, she stopped.  Usually, at 10 1/2 weeks pregnant they can get a heartbeat.  She also measured me and said that she thinks I am further along than I think ... the normal response that I got with each first baby visit!  I tend to show really fast and my uterus get's big quick.  That was another reason she seemed concerned to not hear the heartbeat.  What now?  Do we go for an ultra sound and check up on baby dear?  Do we wait two weeks and then go back and try again?  The decision was totally up to Mike and I!  We chose to go for an ultra sound.  Waiting through the holidays didn't seem like the stress free option!  :)

I took Mike back to the shop because by now, it was getting late.  He never did get his physical done because they don't update CDL's.  :/  I went right back towards the doctors office and pulled in at the lab.  My afternoon of excitement was not turning out how I thought it would.  I was nervous.  My hands and legs were cold.  I had to pee so bad, I mean so bad, that I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the lab door.  They gave me two glasses of water to drink at the doctors office.  I needed to be extra hydrated for the ultra sound and blood work.  I got registered and immediately asked if I can pee.  I never was so uncomfortable from a full bladder!  The lady was really nice and got me checked in fast and I was on my way to comfort!  At least from my full bladder.  My insides were still nervous.  I promise I tried not to worry.  I had a feeling that everything was OK but I was anxious to find out!  By now, Hadassah called me and said that they were home from school.  I asked her and Matthew to pray for a good report!  I also asked her to turn off the crock pot filled with lasagna because by the time I would get home, it would be over cooked.  I called Lena and told her what was up because Ashlyn was with her and Hunter.

I was taken to a private room with the lights turned dim.  The dark haired lady was very nice.  She got right to the procedure.  She squirted that warm gooey stuff on my little belly bulge and turned the screen towards me!  I apologized for shaking.  I was still so cold.  She said she hadn't noticed!  :)  She pulled in on baby and EVERYTHING IS GREAT!!!  The tiny little baby was squirming all around.  Not moving still for a second.  I hadn't had an ultra sound at all with Ashlyn's pregnancy so this was kinda new again for me after so many years.  Her guess was that because the baby was moving around so much, that was the reason for not being able to hear the heartbeat at the other office.?.  She then turned the screen towards her and began measuring the tiny bundle of love that we already love so much!  I was right about my due date too.  July 11!  I must just be one that can't hind baby too long! 

She left me see the baby again before she finished up.  She waited and waited for the baby to hold still for just a second to get an accurate heart beat rate.  173!  She printed out three pictures for me to bring home!  The kids and Mike will be thrilled to see this!

I then went to the room next door and got some blood work done that I would have had to do anyway.  Since I was at the lab, they did it in one visit!

I thanked God for the good report!  I texted Mike and sent him a picture of "the little one"!  I called home and told Hadassah that everything is fine and that I'll be home soon!

We are blessed!  We thanked God as a family for keeping me and baby safe!  We pray every day for "the little one" growing inside of me.  We pray for good health.  We pray for a good pregnancy and delivery.  We pray that this child will grow up to be a solider for Christ! 

I got home tired and hungry.  I had a little bit of headache and figured it was from the little extra stress.  The kids loved the pictures!  I thought it was so cute of Ashlyn.  She came running and said, "So where's your baby?"  She begged to go along with me for this visit but I decided not too take her along since it was my first visit with extra things to do.  I told her that I wouldn't get to see the baby but just hear the heartbeat.  Boy, I guess I was wrong.  It was actually the opposite.  When Hadassah told her that I have a picture of the baby to show them, her small mind thought I was bringing the baby home with me to see.  Literally.  I was bringing the baby along home, just not to see in person just yet!  :)

Even thought the first visit was a bit different than my other first baby visit's, I feel so blessed!  I can't wait to actually hear the baby's heartbeat next time!  As for now, I will keep eating lots of small meals.  I will fight off my heart burns and indigestions!  :)  I will try my hardest to eat all healthy things over the holidays!!!  :) 

We are blessed!