Monday, April 6, 2015

Seeds are planted!

On Saturday, Mike and I worked in the garden.  He brought home a small load of manure that we put over the garden dirt.  We hoed in some lime.  We took mom's little tiller through the small raised bed and mixed it in really good.  I think this is really going to boast our soil!!!

Then Mike made rows for me as I planted the seeds and lettuce!!!  We can't wait to have some fresh veggies and lettuce from the garden!

Ashlyn loves to help me in the garden too.  She was out with us for just a few minutes and then went inside because it was so windy and cold!  She couldn't wait to go get seeds and plant them!  She will be a big help when it's time to harvest these foods!!!


Mike made the comment that he is so glad that I plant a small garden even though he does not enjoy it himself!  I was grateful for his helping hands!  Thanks babe!




Things like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, watermelon and egg plant will have to wait till the weather gets a bit warmer!  The children will have to help me with the work more this spring/summer but I will try to make it a fun learning experience for them!  With having just a small garden, it won't be too much to handle!  :)  Hopefully this fall we will be able to expand the gardening and add a few more beds!   

Bring on Spring time and warmer weather!!!