Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Loving Spring!

Spring time did arrive!!!  We were thinking for a few moments that winter would never end.  But it did.  It always will!!!  Now Spring is bursting forth and the grass is green.  The trees are budding.  The tulips and daffodils are blooming.  The lettuce is shooting through the garden dirt!  There is new growth everywhere you look!!!

I FINALLY got the grass mowed!!!  This was so necessary!!!  We mowed the yard back in March after I raked out from under the pines and raked the flower beds out.  There is so much winter dirt and leaves and pine needles that gather up.  After we mowed, we dumped the bags just once and they were filled with "winter dirt".  Hardly any grass.  That was back when the grass was still brown with only a few green showing.  Well, it's now almost May and the grass was finally cut again!!!  Mike took the mower to get serviced and the blades sharpened.  You would think we would learn our lesson year after year, but I just can't seem to get my man to take the mower to the shop before the grass looks green.  That's exactly when everyone else takes their mowers too, I guess.?.  I've been waiting all month to mow and let me remind you that after rain, sun, rain and then more warmer days ... the grass grows!  Thick!  High!  :)  Mike called the shop guy twice and every time its the same answer, "We are so busy.  It might be the end of the week?"  The grass was so high that even the kids were talking about it.  We were with John and Ruth this past weekend and she asked if we are still living here?  We laughed!  It sure didn't look very nice outside that's for sure!  :)

Before ...



Mike finally brought home the shop's mower yesterday!  I didn't hesitate one bit!  Ashlyn and I got on the mower and off we went.  This mower is not a zero turn.  It doesn't even have a catcher!  But it cuts!!!!  What a difference and face lift our property got by just mowing the lawn!!!  I can now see the edges and start with more outside work!  :)  I did also edge around the front of the pines and out back.  I'm not doing around the house because we hope to start digging around here soon!  Yes, still waiting on permits. 

After ...
 The mower.  :)

I finished planting the garden!  I planted every inch of it!  I would love to get a few flowers yet to plant out by the gazebo.  I figure some ground cover will help keep the weeds down.


Yesterday, Hadassah had MASCA Track at Messiah College.  I did not go this year and was very excited to see her when she came home last night.  She got 2nd place in long jump!!!  That's a huge accomplishment for her!!!  Good job girl!!!  Proud of you!  Also, both boys and girls from Linville got 1st place!  What an exciting day!

I love Spring!!!  It energizes me when I see all the new growth!!!