Thursday, September 24, 2015

BABY is 3 months old ...

Austin just passed his 3 month old mark!!!  A whole lot has happened since he was born.  Things that will change our lives forever. 

One - is having him in our lives!!!  We are all loving on him so much and I can't remember how life was without him!  He's growing!  Austin still loves his gym set on the floor.  It's what he does a lot.  He lays there and kicks his feet and moves his arms to make the toys move.  I put away his vibrator seat because he doesn't want that any more.  We keep trying the swing thing every now and then.  :/  He coos.  He smiles for everyone but he smiles really much when I talk to him!!!  I love that about him!  :)  He just went from drinking from a 4 oz. bottle to 5 ounces.  I am waiting for the night that he sleeps all night again!  He was doing so well but when we went to Ohio he caught a cold and that messed up his sleep.  He loves his nuk but with a cold, he kept spitting it out and then crying for it at night.  Mike and I take turns getting up and putting it in his mouth.  The past week has really been a challenge with his sleeping.  He cries to be fed or for his nuk but it's all I have to not give in!!!  I do not want him to get into the habit of eating during the night because I know he can go without it.  But last night when he got up at 2:15 AM, I fed him.  Instead of me getting often to give his nuk, I decided to sleep better and feed him.  Was it the right thing to do?  I would normally say, "No way!!!"  But I did.  I hope that he gets into the habit of sleeping all night again very soon!!!  Praying for that again!

3 MONTHS OLD:






 

Two - we moved into "the basement" and we are a little homesick for home.  It's going so well here but we are all getting ready to 'move back home'.  The house project is going great!  This week the roofers showed up and are shingling the roof.  The plumbers are there to putting in floor heat and pipes!  The regular construction guys are ripping out the old bathrooms and getting ready to put in the new tubs and showers!  They also put in some of the windows!  The concrete crew is coming tomorrow to work in the garage and then in the basement!  It's exciting to go over each day and see the progress!  I sat down the other day to make my big list of things that we will need to get for the new house.  Things like bar stools, a new bed frame for us (because Hadassah is getting our old bed), pick out paint colors, go finalize the flooring and then met the cabinet guy next week to measure up the kitchen!!!  The list seems endless right now but I know it will all fall together when times comes closer to move back in.  The inside of the house is still gutted out but they insulated the living and laundry floors yesterday and the new walls will be constructed soon.  I can't wait for the dry wall to be hung because that's when we will see the room structures! 





Three - school began.  We are SO excited to have a long weekend ahead of us!  The kids have been blasted with so much homework this week!  It was a stressful week with both of the kids hovered over their studies much of the night.  Hadassah especially.  She does great with her studies and works really hard!  Her grades are a priority for her and she deserves it with all the time she spends working!  I went to bed before her this week too many nights!!!  Matthew had some homework too and it is much harder for him to come home and do homework.  He gets distracted easily.  I have to keep reminding him to get it done.  He would MUCH rather be outside living a carefree life!  :)  He did finish up his book for his book report project due next week.  Now he got to get to the report part!!!  On Monday afternoon, the kids came home and after a snack, they both got to their homework.  Hadassah panicked and said that she forgot her binder on the bus.  Now, let me stop right there to say that this is so unlike her!  But things happen.  She laid it on the bus floor and forgot to grab it when she got off the bus.  What now?  She went all year last year without one blue slip and that's her goal for this year too!  Then, Matthew starts to shed tears because he forgot a book at school that he needs for his homework!!!  Goodness!  What should I do about this?  We talked about being responsible and then called the local library to see if they had the book.  They did!  So off I went to get the book.  Then that night I helped him with his paper.  As for Hadassah, I called school to get the bus drivers number.  Maybe we could go to her house and pick it up.  I was given PV's busing number and the lady said that her bus driver was already back from her run and the bus was locked behind the school gate.  She didn't have a key for the gate.  OK, so we tried.  Hadassah made some calls from girls in her class and got them to text her the math problems and homework.  Stressful!!!  We are ready to relax from school work this weekend!!!

Four - Mike is working evenings!  He works at the house every night that he can.  Which means most evenings.  He cleans up from that days work.  He sweeps.  He sweats.  He rips out carpet.  Matthew has been his faithful helper up until this week.  With the extra homework, Matthew needed to stay home and finish that.  I miss Mike not being with us evenings.  He comes home after dark and the kids all want his attention.  Time goes fast and it's not long before it's time to tuck them into bed!  We go to bed so tired.  We will be so ready to live back home!!!  :)

Bring on the sunny weekend!!!  I can't wait to hang out with Mike and the kids and make more great memories!!! 

By the way, I love FALL!!!  The warm apple cider and juicy pears taste so good!!!  :)