Monday, September 14, 2015

House update!

Things are really starting to look different at the house!!!  It's exciting to go over and see the progress!  I had high hopes on Saturday to go over and work outside.  The garden needs attention!  Flowers need pulled out.  A few things need trimmed.  Well, after hanging out a full line of wash, I realized that the weather was not a 'wash day'.  :(  It started to rain, and even though I had to get all the wash right back in, I was very thankful for the rain showers!  We've been so dry and the rain was very much appreciated!  Thank you, God!!!  That changed my days plans for working outside too.  It didn't keep Mike from working over there though.  Matthew and Mike went over to the house right after breakfast and Mike worked there till 6:30 PM!  They ripped out carpet.  Busted more walls down.  Cleaned up from the carpenter crews that were there all last week.  Mike is doing a really good job at helping the carpenter guys out where he can.  Picking up trash, sweeping the floors, tearing out walls, etc. all help get the work done faster!!!  Matthew loves to help Mike with all of this too!  It was pouring down rain when we went to the house.  I pulled into the driveway and Mike came running out to the new garage!  He waved me right in and when I opened my door, he said, "Welcome to your new garage Mrs. Lapp!"  :)  The garage is framed out and plywood on the roof but not concreted inside yet and not near completed ... but we parked in it!!!  :)  Such fun!

Here are some pictures that I took from last week ...

The skid loader is in the old garage ... now going to be our living room.

Mike and I parked in our new garage.



Part of the new kitchen area.

Ripping out carpet ...
 Busting out walls ...

Little Austin wants to be in the action too!

 


The old roof is now in the back yard.  :)

Back of the house ...

This wall is now busted out too.


On Friday night, Mike and I went to pick out all our fixtures, toilets, tub, etc. out for the house.  I thought it went smooth and was easy!  Thanks to Matt Lapp, our plumber, for meeting us in there and showing us what he would recommend!  Afterwards, Mike and I went out to eat and enjoyed a double date with Dave and Sonia!  Getting to know new friends and family better from church is such a blessing!  Thanks for the fun evening guys!  :)

Lot's will be done at the house this week again!  We are so excited to have this dream come into action!!!  We pray daily for safety over at the house and that God would have His hand in this project! 

=====================================
Here are some pictures of our "little man"!  He's 10 weeks old now and is such a cutie pie!!!