Friday, October 23, 2015

4 months old

To sit down and blog right now is just down right tough.  I wish it wouldn't be that way but is.  Why?  Maybe because our Internet service is bad here in the basement and to always use my hot spot on my phone drains all the battery!  Maybe because this week has been crazy to go get things for the house.  We NEED to order our fireplace and sofa's.  Mike and I went racing over to Ephrata the other night to look at some but they didn't have what we will need.  So now we need to go look elsewhere tomorrow.  Maybe it's hard to find time to blog because we were also shopping for furniture.  We have used the same sofa set for fourteen years and it really needs replaced.  But what do we get?  We went from one store to the next and we know that if we don't order something soon we will move into our house without a sofa seat!  :(  (It's such a good feeling to know our weeks are counting down to our move in day!!!)  Also, the cabinet maker needs my washer and dryer specs so Ashlyn and I went looking for a front loader set yesterday.  I was looking at paint colors too because the painters will need my color choices here soon.  All this takes up so much time but we are enjoying the ride!  :)  We've had so many people say to us, "Well, you guys are probably at the stage with this remodel job where you are in need of some counseling!"  We kinda laugh and respond back, "We decided to not make it that way!!!"  There are so many choices that need to be made and decisions daily but Mike and I both try to focus on our blessings and not always having or getting it "my way".  Plus, we do really think alike in most areas!!!  I'm not saying that it is always easy or fun, no I would love to have Mike home more evenings instead of us here in the basement and him over working at the house, but it's temporary!!!  Maybe another reason for blogging to be hard right now is that we have a fun four month old baby that loves our time and we love giving it to him.  Also, I hate typing with just one hand and so when he's napping, that's when I need to blog.  So, with all those excuses, I tend to make a quick post here.  :))))

Austin turned four months this week.  I can hardly believe that he's that old already!  He's calmed down a lot since birth.  When people asked me if he is a good baby I wasn't always sure what to say.?.  It takes me a little while to figure out my newborn cries.  Hungry?  Tired?  To get them on a feeding schedule does not happen overnight.  I thought he was a good baby but he did seem to cry a lot.  Maybe all babies do?  I think I was more on edge here in the basement because I didn't want his crying to disturb dad's upstairs.  He is so happy now and still loves to lay on the floor and kick and coo and now pull at his toys on his gym set.  He calmed down 100% in his car seat!!!  Yes!!!  Boy, those days were stressful when we had to put him in his car seat!  He hated it!  Now, he plays with some toys.  Or just sits there and enjoys the ride!  It's much better!!!  Yesterday, when I picked up Hadassah at school after volleyball practice, I got the car seat out of the Yukon when we got back home.  She said, "Oh, I didn't even know Austin was along."  :)






  We play marble's so much!  Ashlyn is really good at it!

He is at 5 oz. of formula each feeding.  His sleeping during the night has gotten much better too!  I just love it when I can get a full nights rest!!!  :)  He loves his nuk when it's time to sleep.  He rolled over once from back to belly!  I put him in the johnny jump the other day for the first but he's still a little wobbly with his balance.  He lifts his head up when laying on his belly and looks all around.  He loves to be fussed to and smiles all the time.  He started to cry at times when I lay him down and walk away.  All I need to do to make him smile again is go right back and fuss to him!  :)  We all love him so much and couldn't imagine life without him.

The house project is coming along well!  The dry wallers are hanging the dry wall this week.  The masons are on the home stretch with the brick.  The flooring was all ordered this week.  I also talked to the cabinet man and painter this week.  Looking ahead at the next few weeks is so exciting but full of lots of work.  We will soon be packing up our bags again and moving back home!  We are all ready to be home again!!!  We still hope to be settled in our new home by Christmas.  Christmas is only nine weeks away!!! 

Kitchen ...

 The back yard ...
 
Insolation ...

Ginger has a birthday today!  She is five years old and we love that she is a part of our family!

The fall leaves are so beautiful right now!  I drove through some wooded areas yesterday and just awed at the sights!!!  I love the fall colors!  God made this time of year so pretty!!!

Enjoy the leaves before they all fall down and before the weather gets colder!

I love autumn!