Thursday, October 29, 2015

Autumn flare!

I have said time and time again all last week, "The leaves are just so beautiful!!!"  I think I admire them more than ever this year.  Maybe it's because we didn't put up much fall decor here in the basement.  :)  The outside is just full of color and the colors that are my all time favorite!!!  I love the oranges and yellows and browns.  I jokingly asked a friend how I can keep our new home from not being all in fall colors!!!  It's the time of year that is so colorful and my eye goes to these colors when it comes to picking out paint colors.

Talking about paint colors had me in a tissy the other week.  I so want the right color for our 'main color' in our new home.  Because of our open floor plan, I will probably not be one of those with a ton of different colors in my house.  So, I want to make sure that the one main color is one that I will love!  For a really long time.  I want a neutral tan color.  I've been searching pinterest but I think when it comes down to it, I will just have to put some colors on the walls and pick from there!  I was nervous that I didn't have all my colors picked out yet, especially my main color, but then I talked to our painter.  He's so easy to work with and he suggested to paint some samples on the walls and then choose.  I like that idea!!!

The house is busy these days!!!  Guys are in and out all day long working on getting our home completed before Christmas!!!  I stopped in today and they were spakling inside, working on the porch roof outside and blowing insulation upstairs!!!  When it rained yesterday, they worked in the garage and hung some peg board.  Some doors were put in place!  The dry wall guys are busy making so much dust and dirt but should be finished soon!!! 

The other night we went over to the house and scrapped off the rest of our old bedroom wallpaper.  The kids had a real blast with it while we jammed out on Hadassah's chic music.  Jamie Grace songs crack me up and it put us right into the working mode.  :)

I can't wait to start seeing the inside of the house get completed.  So far it has been framing, measuring, windows, insulation, dirt, bricks laid, dry wall and trim.  It all takes time but I can't wait for the flooring, painters, kitchen and fixtures to be installed!!!  :)  That's when it will be crazy for me but so much fun!!!  To go through all my decor and sort out what we will use and then put it all in place once again will be so much fun!!!  It will all happen here in a few short weeks!!!  Right between the two busiest holidays of the year ... but, hey, we do it when it's ready, right?!?  We hope the whole project keeps going right on schedule!  So far things have ran along so smoothly! 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can just watch Austin grow right before my eyes!  Just this week he started to hold a toy in his hands and put it to his mouth.  When I feed him, he puts his hands up by his bottle and acts like he can hold it himself.  He can't yet.  He is so happy but especially in the morning!  He coos and coos!  He smiles so much!  He loves any attention!  We love him so much!

Ashlyn got a little bit more loved on this week than normally!  Last Friday a little three year old girl was killed by a farming accident.  She had long hair like Ashlyn has.  Her family loved her just as much as we love Ashlyn I'm sure!!!  It is yet another reminder for us to love our children and shower then with kisses and hugs and words of affection!  They are so precious!  Ashlyn loves to play game after game of marbles!  She's good at it!  She wins!

Matthew is loving school this year.  He's learning.  He's reading.  He's doing his work well.  He also loves to be with his daddy.  He's been a real helper at the house!

Hadassah just finished up the volleyball season at school.  They had their last game yesterday!  Her team won every season game!!!  They were so much fun to watch play!  They set well and bumped great and spiked hard.  Their serves were great too!!!  The team really missed Anna on Friday night though.  (It was Anna's cousin that was killed in the farming accident.)  The girls just didn't play very well.  It was hard to focus with knowing how deeply Anna's family was grieving!  Hadassah did get a trophy for being the MVP player of their team!!!  She plays hard and is really good!!!  We are so proud of her!!! 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I put in my first Christmas CD in this morning while I cleaned!!!  You may call me crazy if you would like but I love Christmas music and the season is just too short!!!  Christmas is only eight weeks away!  I went shopping the other day and the store was full of Christmas decor and candles and glittery things!!!  It must have gotten me in the mode for some Christmas songs!
 
^^^
We all ate lunch on Saturday in our bedroom while we worked at the house!




 
Mike was is impressed of Hadassah playing skills!!!

Our darling little miss!!!  She's so adorable and Hadassah curled her hair all up for fun!!!

Here is Matthew on a class field trip! 

And the little guy that loves all my attention!!!  :)))