Thursday, January 28, 2016

15 years of marriage!!!

Mike and I just celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary and we are looking forward to one hundred more!!!  We love each other so much!  And looking back, we reflected on how much the past 15 years brought us!  It all went by so fast!

When we got married on that snowy January day, that started our family and God blessed us with four totally adorable children along the years!!!  We love each one of them deeply and count them blessings.  It really is a privilege to be their parents! 

We were so young back in the first years of marriage!  It makes me giggle when I think of how young and carefree we lived!  (I texted Mike yesterday and said that I feel like a teenager again with pumping gas at $1.98 a gallon!!!)  :)))  Living in a small rancher house on a one acre lot and with lots of potential ... it sure looks different today!  We loved it then and we love it now!!!  Our home is where we made/make tons of memories.  We raised all our babies here on the property.  We cried here and laughed here.  We sweat bullets while we worked outside and added some sheds, a gazebo, a swing, a small garden = and now we just remodeled our house!  The outside is a whole new project come Spring time but it will be so much fun to design and plant flowers and start a brand new, fresh garden.  To set up Ashlyn's little play house and make a small garden for her will bring many more new memories!  The list just grows when we look ahead at the next fifteen PLUS years!!!

Yesterday, to celebrate this special day, Mike and I dropped the children off at moms (thanks again) and went to Cheesecake Factory to eat.  I've been there a few times but this was Mike's first time.  He loved it!  I loved it!  I wish we had one of these restaurants in Lancaster County.  I know ... we have so many options here and choices but it's OK to wish, right?  :)  They have such a big menu that when the waitress came to get our order we said that we were down to three options.  And because Mike wanted to try all three he suggested that I order one of his wishes.  Nope.  I just couldn't turn down that herb crusted salmon with asparagus and mashers!!!  Both of our foods were so yummy!  Then we had to finish with some cheesecake!  There were over twenty different kinds to chose from!  Again ... hard choice here!  Mike mentioned something to our waitress about it being our anniversary!  He went with the Salted Caramel Cheesecake and I went with Lemon Raspberry!!!  Cheesecake never disappoints us!  With some hot coffee and cream, we were VERY satisfied and enjoyed the time together in our little booth as we ate and reflected and talked about our future!  We talked about going on an anniversary trip since we said on our tenth that we would ... and now its already our fifteenth and we still didn't go!  But we were invited to go along with our "football crew" to some warm island later this Spring, so we might do that as our "trip"!?!  It will be so much fun!




How thoughtful from our waitress!  Perfect!!!
 

Since the Cheesecake Factory is at King of Prussia Mall, we did some shopping after our meal.  Mike and I are still so different when it comes to shopping!  When we first got married, I didn't like shopping with Mike!  He wanted to just walk around and watch people and look.  If I was going to be out, in a mall, and spending time there ... I WAS GONNA SHOP!!!  Do I have a hearty amen here???  :)  So, last night, we walked into a shoe store and I stayed right beside Mike while he looked at the men's shoes.  If I stayed there, I knew I wouldn't find a buy for me.  Hee hee!!!  He needed a shoe size looked up and so I finally made my way over to the ladies side.  :)  Then I remembered that I needed (or rather have been wanting) a pair of heels.  It's been so long since I wore heels but every now and then when we do something "dressy", I wish I had a comfortable pair!  I found some!  :)  Mike gladly added them to his dressy pair!  Then I said that before I ever buy shoes, I first check the clearance isles.  He grinned and said, "Oh, yeah.  I do too."  :)  We laughed and both looked through the cheaper selections and Mike found himself another nice pair of shoes!  50% off.  We were pleased with our buys!!!  For the next hour or so, we strolled the mall holding hands and enjoying our time together.  Then it was time to go pick up the kids and get them to bed.

Mike and I had many, many dates together and love every single one!  To take time out for a night of just him and I sparks our love flame just a bit brighter!!!  Thank you Michael for the wonderful night out!!!  I love you so much and I can't wait to see what God has for our many more years together!!!!!!

I love you,
Lori