Monday, January 11, 2016

Back to blogging ...

I am going to try to blog here.  Austin is taking his morning nap.  The washer and dryer are both running.  Ashlyn is being entertained in the living room from the iPad.  I need to type fast because I left this blogging thing get way too out of hand.  I do not like to play 'catch up' with blogging.  I feel then like I just tell about surface things and not make it a written memory.  So, here goes.

My last post was about New Year's.  We just had a ladies retreat on Friday night and Saturday for the ladies at church and it gave me a new New Year's Resolution.  I told you that I would share one if I make resolution.  We had a fun, late night playing games and talking on Friday night.  Then after breakfast on Saturday, we had a session titled "Becoming a Woman at Rest".  (My wonderful husband was home with the children!)  I knew right away that this was going to be a goal for me this year.  Right now I feel like my house is calling for my time with still having lots of boxes to go through and organize.  I have a baby that takes every minute of my day with loving and caring for him.  I have a toddler that loves to play games and "do something" with me.  I have a son that needed my help with his school project and we were up late finishing that.  Hadassah is a middle scholar that can take care of herself but loves one on one time with me.  Mike and I catch up in conversation in the midst of all our family and work duties.  I love it all but it can feel overwhelming at times.  It keeps me asking more and more for God's strength and wisdom and energy.  So, when this title was introduced, "women of rest", it hit me.  I need to strive to take my days more restful.  To focus on serving God through my duties and not let stress get me down with all 'my demands'.  To be thankful for all these responsibilities.  To sit at the feet of Jesus and listen with my heart.  Maybe that's quiet time on my chair early in the morning.  Or maybe it's when I am driving to get groceries or taking Hadassah to her volleyball or basketball games.  Or when I am up at night to feed Austin.  Or while I wash dishes.  Or when I am folding laundry.  Also, I need to take time to journal about life and my spiritual journey.  Then to read about the answered prayers God did and make it a faith building time!  Just because I have lots to do, I don't have to be stressed!  Make healthy boundaries.  I will strive to rest and sit more before the feet of Jesus and let that be my courage and energy for my days!!!  I was challenged!!!

Here is Ashlyn playing "Sequence".  It's a new game she learned how to play and she loves when I sit down and play a game with her.

 ===========================

We had such a fun night out last week!  Uncle John planned a night out for Kathy.  She turned 50 and so he got a limo to pick up some friends and we all went to a nice restaurant in DuPont.  It was so much fun!!!  We are loving these couples from church!!!
 
==============
The other day, Ashlyn and I worked in the basement.  We took all her play dishes and foods and washed them.  Everything got dirty from being in storage in the basement.  She can now play "kitchen" again!
 
=====================
 
 I could write tons about Austin!!!  He is growing right before our eyes.  His six months clothes are getting snog.  We are introducing some first foods to him.  So far, he is not impressed at all!!!  He make the silliest faces. 
 He started to "solider crawl".  He puts one arm in front of the other and pulls himself all around.  He can move pretty fast and now we need to be extra careful with what lays on the floor.  Everything he gets to goes into his mouth. 
 Here he goes.
He can sit alone only for a short moment and then falls to the side.  It won't be real long before he will conquer this new skill!
 
=====================
 
Here's a quick look at our home.  We've had lots of friends and family dropping in.  We are loving our home and enjoy the bigger space!!!
 
 
Kitchen ~



 Dining room ~
 Family room ~
 Baby and Toddler sleep here ~
 Hadassah's little world and space! :)  ~
 Matthew's room ~
 Master room ~
I love how this all turned out. 
 Laundry area ~
 
================
 
Here I go ... baby is already awake and Ashlyn's got "Guess who" set up for us to play! 
 
Life is great!!!  It's action packed!  I am so thankful that I can be home and be "mom" to our children!!! 
 
PS ~ We are looking forward to a few flurries that have been fore casted for tomorrow! 
 
Have a great day!!!