Monday, December 11, 2017

* The first snow fall *

We went to bed Friday night knowing that snow was in the forecast and I was so into it!!!  The first snow fall arrived here on Saturday and we were all so excited!!!  I love that when it's cold, it then snows!!!  It makes the coldness seem "not so bad".  I couldn't wait for the kids to wake up and see it snow!  We got to spend the entire day at home enjoying the pureness of the snowflakes.  Some chose to venture outside while I chose to stay indoors if possible!  I love to watch it snow but not really into bundling up and playing in it. 
 
But before the snow came, I was able to get our cards stuffed and sent off to friends and family!!!  Yeah! 
 
 Austin and I went out on Friday to find some last minute gifts but the only thing we really found was cool toys for Austin to sit on a bit and enjoy.  Mark it down, I actually went to Home Goods without buying one thing.  But mostly because Old Navy took a chunk of my money just before that!!!  :)

This kid was so into this plastic motorcycle toy.

And then we went around the corner and he hopped into this car bed.

And then we rounded another corner, seriously, and there were two other cars!!!  Of course, we had to stop and look and ride.  I said to another shopper in there, I'm never gonna be able to leave this store!!!  :)))

I told him that we would stop in for some hot fries before we head home for naps but he just couldn't stay awake a minute longer.  Just as I pulled up to the window, his eyes went closed.

Back to the snow day now, Matthew and I got the new puzzle out that we've been waiting to do!  I love, love doing puzzles but normally it's just something that I do when it snows or is winter time.  The first snowy day was a perfect excuse to break open the new box of puzzles!!!  We got the whole 300 piece done while sipping on Peppermint Hot Chocolate!!!  It's our favorite drink right now!!!  I pour some milk in a pan and then add some heavy cream.  Dump in some cocoa mix powder and a splash of peppermint extract!  Heat.  Top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes!  We all love this!!!

And while it snowed big white snowflakes and made it look so pretty outside!!!  It's really starting to feel like Christmas now!

And the gifts keep showing up at our front door.  This is the first year that I've done much of any online shopping, but with Amazon Prime, I am loving this convenience!!! 


Front door view of this pretty snow fall!

Lena went out to do some shopping and left the boys with us.  All three of them!  :)  This gave the kids a fun time to play in the snow together.  Now we have lots of winter clothes lying around again.

 Matthew showed Austin how to make a snow angel.  How darling!!!


Now Austin's turn.  It was so much fun watching them from the kitchen window!!!

Snow birds!!!


What a blast!
 

 And look who else showed up!?!  What a beauty!!!


 Thank you Lord for bringing us some snow and for this wonderful time of year!!!  We are off to a great start to our busy week!  The kids are back in school.  Coffee has been grinded, brewed and drank.  Laundry is almost done.  Grocery shopping is checked off the list!  Basketball is coming up!

Have a great week!!!  Spread the Christmas cheer!