Saturday, June 15, 2019

Summer firsts!!!




Maybe it’s time for a new computer? I don’t know but I’m still blogging from my phone and when I added these photos, they came out of order again. So, I’ll post this but you might be scratching your head a bit to figure out which photo I’m talking about!!! 🙈 

We did some firsts already this summer! We made our first library visit last week! What a difference it makes as the kids get older! Previous years, library trips were sometimes stressful! The kids were loud and only wanted to pick out movies! But this time, Ashlyn went straight to the bins of books and  started picking some out! Austin helped for a little while but then played with the train set there! I found myself I a little spot coloring an adult page! All quiet and stress free!!!! 

We also had our first camp fire roast here at home. We roasted hot dogs and mountain pies for supper the other night! We are still having the small pit on our back porch but as you can see on one of my pictures here somewhere, our campfire area got redone!!! Encore Landscaping is here and made our campfire area bigger for us! We are excited to use this space really soon!!! Encore is also in the process of laying bricks between each of my raised beds!!!! No more weededing around each garden bed anymore!!!!!! And we spied some beautiful worms chomping away at our carrot leaves!!!!!

Thrifting is something I love to do! It used to be just at yard sales in the spring! But I have consigned at Fashion Cents for a few years now and have found some great deals!!!! I was there last Saturday and found some skirts and dresses! All for less than $6.99 a piece and because I had credit there, I only paid $4.99 for all of it!!! I love this store and some of my finds even had the tags on yet! Brand new!!!!

We got to spend our first days at the swimming pool!!!! We are members at a country club that has a nice outdoor pool! What a fun place to spend our hot summer afternoons!!!!

We also went to Oregon Dairy’s Farm Days for the first time this week! The twins went along because the Kauffmans are sitting beside Mary’s bedside caring for her in her last days here on earth. Cancer is so mean!!!!! The farm days were great and we got to ride a tractor right through the cow stable and hold and pet many animals, eat ice cream and race back to the Yukon before it rained!!!

We had a pack of sparklers yet from last summer and after watching the most gorgeous sunset the other night, Ashlyn and Austin ran through the backyard with sparklers! We fun and pretty!!!!