Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Happy first day of Autumn!!!

The first day of Autumn is here but it's not feeling it outside!!!  We've been having dry, hot weather all last week and into the weekend!!!  I am really hoping that we get some rain soon because our grass is the brownest it's been all summer and the dust is flying as soon as I mow or work outside!

Last Thursday I asked Austin to go take some pictures of Bethany cleaning!  :)  Bethany comes every Thursday to help me clean!!!  It's such a blessing!!!  After we remodeled five years ago (how can it be that long already???) everything was fresh and new in our home!  I wanted so badly to keep things like that but we live in a world of dust and dirt and we have little fingers that get messy in our home and we don't live as hermits and actually play outside ... and we are humans!  We get dirty.  Things get dirty!  So, I thought and pondered about asking someone to come help me clean.  Austin was just a baby and having a clean house is high on my priority list!  I went around the neighborhood asking if there would be any young girl interested in helping me clean.  I didn't get a yes but I thought of Bethany!  Bethany is a youth girl from the church we used to attend and she's great with children!!!  I wasn't sure if I would actually get her to help me clean or take the children outside to play while I clean!?!  I hired her for three hours and we split the cleaning in half for both of us!  She does all the dusting (blinds, furniture and baseboards).  She cleans all the floors (vacuuming and wiping  by hands and knees by dining room and kitchen floors).  I clean all the bathrooms, kitchen and some windows!  It works so good!  We chat and listen to music as we clean!  I try to be finished with my chores a little before she is so that Austin and I can go outside or make some errands while she wipes up the floors.  It's been such a blessing to have her help and my cleaning is finished by noon!  Bethany is planning to leave the states in a few weeks to live in Nicaragua and learn Spanish and bless other poor children!!!  I'm going to miss her help SO MUCH but I plan to clean alone until she comes back after winter!  :///  Thank you Bethany for being such a blessing!

I don't clean my screens every week!  I actually don't like cleaning windows at all but last week they just seemed so dusty and dirty!


Austin loves to follow her around the house while she dusts!  They have a blast together and he was delighted to have a ride in her new Jeep the other day!!!


-------------------------------------------

Mom wanted to go to Roots Farmers Market and so we sent a text out to the sisters and asked who wants along!?!  It ended up just being Mom, Jody, Austin and I but we had fun!  So many vendors selling produce and good food!  It was a hot day and Austin loved the animals!








----------------------------------------------

Austin plays solider, Peter Rabbit and David and Goliath almost every day!  He gets creative with his solider gear!  Take a look!


---------------------------------------

Yesterday was the first day of Autumn and I've been wanting to visit our favorite pumpkin farm again!  They have a nice display of pumpkins and mums!  We picked out a bunch of white smaller pumpkins and we want to take them to our upcoming school sale on Saturday!



My little buddy!!!!!






 -------------------------------------------

It becomes all things pumpkins around here when it's September!!!!

The other day Hadassah mentioned pumpkin scones!  That's all I needed to hear and I whipped some up!  Also, we were host family at church on Sunday and I made these small pumpkin cheesecakes for dessert!  Both recipes I found on Pinterest!


 ---------------------------------------

Some days I feel like we live as a family of four but really we are a family of six!!!  Hadassah and Matthew are both busy with sports and depending on the event, they chose to not join us.  We got tickets to watch the show JESUS at Sight and Sound last Friday night and because the kids did already watch this with their school classes, it ended up just being the four of us going.  Austin was super excited to see the soldiers of course!!!  He was all eyes and couldn't wait to see Jesus on the cross.  We all really enjoyed the show so much!!!!!


He even took his sword along to the show!



 -------------------------------------------

We attended Meg and Mel's school sale on Saturday and the kids had a real blast!!!!!!




Then we got to enjoy some homemade Mexican food from Aby and Leon!!!!  Aby is from Mexico and she made a wonderful, delicious meal for us!!!!  Thank you, thank you Aby!!!!  It was wonderful!!!!



 ----------------------------------------------------

And at the beginning of this post I mentioned how dry it is around here!  Look at this!!!!!!!  Unbelievable!  I wasn't hoping so much that it would rain before the beans get cut but here goes!  The weather is the 90's today and the windows are closed with the AC on!  Thank goodness!!!!  I would hate to have all that dust in my house!




The farmers are harvesting the corn behind our house too.  It's a busy day for these farmers and they do a great job at making our surrounding land so beautiful with their plants!!!!

The weather forecast is saying a bit cooler the rest of the week compared to 90 degrees today.  We will be back to windows open and AC off it that actually happens!

Happy first day of Autumn everyone!!!!  Enjoy those pumpkins and all the fun fall things!!!!