Thursday, April 14, 2022

Spring weather is delaying.

 All last week we had rainy, cold weather.  This kind of weather makes me wonder if Spring, the warm Spring weather that we love so much, will ever come???  It "seems" so long since we had warm days!  


And then ...

Austin was sick all week too and we prayed so much that God would take away his belly ache and that he would stop throwing up and feel well!  Sunday morning, he woke up not well.  He laid on the couch ALL WEEK LONG!  I felt so bad for him.  No school until Friday.  And then he was feeling better but still tired.  He made it through the day but the minute he was home, he curled up on the couch and slept.  The day exhausted him.  He was feeling SO MUCH better on Saturday and he's been eating us out of the house ever since!  Thank you Jesus that Austin is well again!

I loved how each of the children expressed care and concern for Austin when he was sick.  Ashlyn would wake up each morning asking if Austin is going to school today?  Matthew would come home each day after school and go straight to the couch and check up on how Austin was feeling.  Hadassah texted or called each day asking if he's well yet.  Mike and I took turns sitting with Austin and caring for him.  I read him books and we watched some Lion King together.  I tried to make the best of it all week but I was so ready to have our Little Man well!  Thursday, Austin was finally on the mend and Ashlyn started helping him with some school papers.



When I heard him giggle and laughing, it was music to my ears!!!!!


This is some of my home redimedies that we used while Austin was sick.  Jello.  Gatorlyte.  Water. Lots of tea!  Vapor Rub. Oils.  Fishies, crackers and pretzels.  Toast.  Skinners.  Vitratox.  Tried peach juice.  It was a bunch of things that we thought would help him get better!!!!

Thursday, he felt better but still looked not so well out of his eyes.


While he was on the couch, I bagged up boneless chicken thighs and ground beef from Centerville's Meat Sale.  We are excited to start up the grill and make burgers on those warm summer nights and grill up a good dinner of grilled chicken!


We tried blueberries too!  When Austin mentioned muffins, I whipped up a batch of the best blueberry muffins around!  (Food From the Heart Cookbook). They were so delicious!


I was feeling housebound and weary for caring for a sick child all week but I woke up to this on Friday morning and let me just say that God gives me much energy on the sunny days!  Austin woke up happy and well and was off to school and just in time for me to join a "Cousin's Day Event" that I was really hoping I wouldn't have to miss!


The kids were off to school and I was delighted to see the sun finally shining and get out of the house for this fun brunch!  A few weeks ago we gathered in Aunt Ruth's new home and had so much fun together!  I grew up living right next door to the Beiler's and it's always so fun to get together with them!  This time, Jenn invited us to her beautiful home!  We ate good, sat around her dining room table for hours and laughed!  Thanks for having us Jenn!


Such great family!!!!!



I came home and hopped on the mower and cut the grass!  Spring is here and the mowing has begun!  Jody has pretty trees at their house and I added these to the island for a spring flare for the weekend!


Spring is so pretty but it can be still cold and rainy!  I'm so ready for the weather to get warmer, the sun to shine nonstop and let the kids play outdoors more!


We are so blessed to have complete health back to our family, pretty blooms all around and a church to celebrate the Easter Season with!  There's much to read, pray about, think through with the Easter Story and I hope to do all of these with the kids and family all week!

Happy Spring!