Tuesday, September 6, 2022

September is here!

 


September is here and it's one of my favorite months of the year!  I love how the sky is so blue, the green is very lush green, the weather is still warm during the day but the evenings are chilly and the mornings are full of fresh, crisp air breezes!  This is the month when I pull out the fall decor, we begin to wear layers and the pumpkin smells and tastes begin!  I just love fall time!

School has begun and we are back to better bedtime routines and packing lunches.  We did have a very different start to our year with now having bus time be much better and we even missed it one morning.  Austin was just getting on his school shoes and said, "There's the bus!"  I went running outside and hollered to the bus driver that they are coming but it was too late.  The bus door was closed and the bus drove off without them.  I'm being humbled but we laughed!!!  We all laughed as Ashlyn and Austin both threw their back packed into the Aldi and off I drove them to school.    


One thing that Ashlyn and I are LOVING is this stuffed French toast!  I came back from taking them to school and whipped this up for myself!  French toast on sourdough bread, stuffed with cream cheese and then topped with fresh preaches!  It's divine!


And now I find myself late in the afternoon waiting for the bus to drop off the school kids instead of me sitting in that pick up line at school.  It's great!


Something I've been meaning to do is go visit Mommy D.!!!  Now that the kids are back in school, I helped her do some puzzle at her house the other day!  I love it when I take time to visit her!  I love my grandma and she's so special to me!


The garden is still thriving but after I pulled out the string beans last week, there's now lots of empty space.  Gardening season is winding down.  I still have some red beets, carrots, peppers, buttercrunch lettuce and red lettuce, lots of peppers and some tomatoes growing.  The broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage I planted a few weeks ago are not looking good because there's a bug that's feasting on the plants and I'm not sure any of it will survive without me spraying it all.  I hate to spray.



I got out my fall candle and it smells so good in the house!


The sunrises are giving all the golden glows and fall feels to me!  I put supper in the crock pot and went to have my hair done!



And while I was still there, Hadassah texted me and said she wants to bring me a fall drink!  Not gonna lie, I was feeling very spoiled and pampered!  Thank you Hadassah!  Pumpkin spice is so delicious!



Sourdough gets baked right here in my kitchen on Wednesdays!  It's so good!



Ashlyn went to Black Rock with the middle school last week for two days!  Austin missed her terribly but she loved it!  She had a blast and loved that Dr. Hurst was her cabin chaperon!  When she told us how much fun she had and that this camp offers winter camp, Austin said, "You are not going!!!!"  He missed her and even cried the one night she slept over at camp because he missed her so much!



I picked her up at school and we stopped at the Village Cafe for some fried pickles and sweet potato fries!  She couldn't either wait until Austin came home from school!  This is proof that they really are best of sibling friends!


September colors!!!!


Ashlyn played her very first volleyball game last week and they won!  There's lots of girls on the team and Ashlyn is excited to learn the drills, how to serve well and hopefully win lots of games!!!!



And it's pumpkin season!!!!  



September is so beautiful!