Thursday, August 24, 2023

Back to school.

 

I woke up with the sun!  Today is the first day of school for the kids once again.  Our summer was a good time filled with now many fun memories!

As the days came nearer for this first day, we were asked often, "Are you ready for school to begin?"  My response was, "We will be when that day arrives!"  And sure enough, here we are.  To get up earlier, get into better bed times and a routine again is always a good thing for us!




Ashlyn was excited and nervous!  She's excited about 7th grade and is on the volleyball team!  Being in middle school can be a full schedule when playing sports but we are super excited to watch more games and see our school friends again!



Austin is never ready for school to begin but so far we are tear free and he's excited to have Colson back in his classroom!  I hope to see much learning growth in this kid!  It's time to get back into books!



I know that one day too soon, my kids will not want me to walk with them into school but Austin asked if I would walk with him in to find his room.  Not sure why he needed my direction because he lead us right there!

I just grinned when I looked at his school essentials.  Backpack, water bottle, snack and baseball cards all in hand! 




Meeting Mrs. Shick for the first time as his teacher wasn't so scary!




I will miss these two like crazy around the house!  It's time though to get back to school to keep learning!  We filled the past days with fun things to do yet before school begins and it actually felt odd last night when we tucked these two into bed at 9 PM.  The house was quiet before I was too tired!!!  I love that!

Their first day went well!  "God, please keep our children safe in their schools this year!  Protect them from all harm and evil!  May your presence fill their schools and help them to learn much about you this year!!!  Amen!"


I love this from Pinterest and printed one for the kids to obey!


They both need water bottles and snacks.  This was their choice for this year!



And Austin had a treat for his new teacher!



Third grade is going to be a good year!!!!


Here goes new beginnings and much learning!!!!








I do love having my kids at home with me!  I miss them when school begins!  There always comes the close to another summer when school begins and I can usually feel it when it's time to get back to learning!  The house is quiet now here.  I'm finally catching up on this blog and enjoying a day solo!

I hope you children have the best year!!!!


XOXO ~ Mom