Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Garden foods!


Summer foods are so delicious in our county and garden!!!!  We live in abundance and are so richly blessed.  Watermelon is a favorite fruit for our family and so when I stopped at a cute road side stand and saw their sign that said they have red, yellow and orange watermelons for sale, I grabbed a few!  We love cutting up watermelon is pieces and adding fresh mint leaves, sliced cucumbers and lots of fresh lime juice.  Mix it all together and its delicious!


 


We planted peach trees last summer and they are blessing us with lots of fresh peaches!!!!  I didn't expect this many just one year later but we sure are loving it!  We had to throw a net over each tree to keep the birds from biting into them.  The Red Haven peaches are finished growing and our Contender peach is almost finished too.  



When I walk to the garden I usually take some kind of basket or bowl or container with me to hold the goodies I collect!  We have lots of cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes and string beans.




Peaches from our contender tree! 






The peaches are being eaten with yogurt and granola most mornings.

The tomatoes get washed and put in freezer bags.  I freeze these to use later in soups!  We also love a good BLT sandwich!

Cucumbers get sliced and made into pickles!

String beans are snipped, washed, blanched and frozen.

Zucchini ... bread, bars and fried.

The garden has been such a fun place to sow seeds and now harvest the fruits!  Thank you Lord for these blessings!!!!