Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Lapp Christmas.

December 23, the Lapp family all gathered around Mom Lapps kitchen table to celebrate Christmas together!  Sadly, Jeremiah and Hadassah couldn't be with us because they were not feeling well.  Mom Lapp cooked up wonderful food once again and all the ladies brought something along to share!  I made the same cake recipe as I always do for this family.  Chocolate Layer Cake is fairly easy to make and it's always a winner!  This time I coated some fresh cranberries in sugar water and then in sugar.  I did a few springs of rosemary just to see how it would look and I ended up using it for the cake topper!

Boil sugar and water together to make a simple syrup.  Dip in fresh cranberries and let dry for one hour.  Then dunk them in sugar.  They crystalize great and actually taste good too!


I love mom's jello she adds every Christmas!


We spent the entire day there with family!  The children all got a gift and we gave mom a BB gun and solar lights.


She's a good host!!!!  Mom is aging and yet still invites us all for Christmas!



The girls played games!



Jerome is too cute!  The kids had a blast!



Christmas with the Lapps is always a day of missing Dad but enjoying each other!  I'm so thankful for good health!  

Merry Christmas Lapps!!!!