Monday, August 15, 2011

Bean Salsa ...

I am sitting down with a cup of hot mint tea.  I have been go, go, go lately and I just need a short time out!  So sipping on my hot tea sweetened with honey, I hope it will give me an uplift!  I feel like I have so much to do yet with the kids before they go back to school next week.  We will see what all we get accomplished from now till then.?.

School?  Am I ready?  Well, last week I didn't think I wanted our summer vacation to ever end and have that school schedule again, but I have decided that I will be ready after all.  I know I don't really have the choice to be ready ... it's not like I can stop the time from passing by so quickly!  But when I look at my calendar and see the things to do yet - bridal showers, visit the dentist, go on a weekend vacation with my family, hopefully get to the pool yet before school, can some peaches, and so on is a lot to accomplish in just a little less than two weeks!  Today, I decided that the slower pace and the school schedule will be a nice change!

I thought my peaches would be off my list today, but it's not!  Mom came to help me this morning, before I had a bridal shower to attend, with just one basket of Red Haven Peaches that I got from Kauffmans and I wanted to can them.  We started peeling them and they just didn't look nice at all.  Most had a brown nasty color and they looked sandy.  I drove up to Kauffmans and showed them and they gave me money back.  (They were having some complaints about these peaches.  Don't know what's wrong?)  So, I guess if I still want to can peaches, I need to get more.  That will have to wait till next week!  Sigh.

Anyway, we were with friends last night and I made this 'Bean Salsa' to take along.  I got the recipe from a lady from school and it is sooooo yummy!  If you like to try something fresh, delicious, and packed full of beans ... you must try this recipe!  Eat it with your favorite tortilla chips or corn chips!  You will love it!!!

To those of you who asked for the recipe, here it is ...

~ BEAN SALSA ~
16 oz. Pinto Beans
16 oz. Black Beans
11 oz. corn
11 oz. peas
~ Drain and rinse all these from their cans and put into a bowl. ~
Add:
2 Red Peppers, chopped
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
~ Mix all together and add 1 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing (Kraft)! Stir and enjoy! ~


Guess my time out is over now.  Hadassah still needs school shoes.  Think I will make it a daughter/mother time out tonight and get that crossed off my list!  Have a great week!