Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Missing Mike!!!

Mike is in Nicaragua.  He's been there since Friday.  6 men from church went to scout out some mission opportunities for our church to help with this winter.

Mike loves to travel but he likes when it comes with 'class'.  Going to any third world country that is poor, like Nicaragua, it does not come with a whole lot of class!  Mike's been there before though and was excited to go and see the country again.

They left early Friday morning, so since then the kids and I have been busy trying to pass the time quickly!  Friday we did salsa and pizza sauce.  We went out to eat with mom (dad's in Nic too) and then watched my brother's ball game at Gap.  Saturday, we visited some markets.  Mom, Mindy, the kids and I had fun trying the different market foods!  Hadassah got to enjoy some chocolate covered strawberries, a Carmel apple, a strawberry milkshake, and a yummy soft pretzel and chicken wings!  Matthew was thrilled with the candy mom bought for him and always loves to dip a warm soft pretzel in cheese!  Ashlyn decided to give me a lap full of BBQ sauce!  I was enjoying some BBQ wings with sauce.  I had Ashlyn sitting on my lap and she nicely grabbed the sauce and it dumped on me!  Brown sauce on a pink dress does not look the best!!!  I can't believe she's entering that stage of grabbing everything in front of her!  Sunday, we went to church and spent the afternoon with mom.  Sunday night we had an evening service at church.  The children and those that were at summer camp shared about their wonderful week at camp!  Yesterday, we went to the pool and shopping for school shoes and clothes last night.  Even though we've been busy ..... we miss Mike!!!

Every night when I tucked the kids into bed (whether it was in their bed or when they took turns sleeping with me), one of them started to cry.  "I MISS DADDY!"  Matthew never likes when Mike is gone for over night.  He absolutely loves when his daddy can be the one to tuck him in, the one he can eat chips with right before going to bed, the one he can watch an inning of the Phillie's with before calling it a day!  There are some things that I just can't do to take Mike's place. 

Last night, when we got home from shopping Matthew said in a really sad voice, "I am going back to my room."  I could tell that he was missing his daddy!  I followed him back and asked him what was wrong?  He started to cry and said, "I miss daddy!"  I laid beside him trying to hold back my tears and I said, "Well, I tell you what.  Let's get into our nighties and go see if the Phillie's are on TV."  Matthew wiped a tear and said, "OK, but it's still not the same as watching it with daddy."  Hadassah is being helpful but she too shed a few tears one night.

Mike did call a few times and emails now and then.  I am so thankful for that! 

"ONE MORE NIGHTS SLEEP!"  This is what the kids were waiting to say!  We've been counting down the days and nights, and daddy will be home late, late, late tonight!  We can't wait!!!

We also can't wait to see Ashlyn's response when she see's Mike!  This morning I showed her a picture of him and she just smiled.  I know she will be thrilled to have him back home!  

Join us today praying for the men that will be traveling home!  They have a few flights and lot's of miles to cross before entering back into their homes! 

"WE LOVE YOU MIKE (DADDY) AND REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU BACK HOME AGAIN!!!"

THE KIDS ARE ENJOYING NICKLES MINES POOL!!!