Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene

We've been hearing a lot about all this rain we are to get and the strong winds!  We've been watching the news, listening to the radio, and talking to friends about the storm.  It seems like this week will be a record in my journal and blog ... first the feeling of an earthquake and now the affects of a hurricane.  (Mike suggested moving to Nicaragua.?.  I nicely reminded him, "If you run from natural disasters ... you will run for a very long time!!!"  He was kidding about moving and just wanted a response from me.  He got one!)

Is God trying to get our attention?  I have to think of the bible verses that speak of the end times having earthquakes, floods, and full of sin! 

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars:  see that ye be not troubled:  for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:  and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.  All these are the beginning of sorrows."
Matthew 24: 6 - 8

Then I remind myself of these verses ...
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee:  be not dismayed, for am thy God:" ... Is. 41:10
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  John 14:27
"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  I Peter 5:7
"The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."  Ps. 9:9

Well, the rain has started at our house.  We will try to stay as dry as possible ... meaning staying indoors. 

This past week our cat, Whiskers, had yet another litter of kittens.  I think there are 5.  She has them in our chimanex on the back porch.  The kids were concerned that the kitties will get wet, so they put a board on top with some stones to weigh it down.  We hope they will be OK.