Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mike's Back Home!!!

The evening went fairly fast.  I thought we would watch the Jaguars play some baseball in town, but when we got to the ballpark there was no one around.  It got canceled because of the rain showers we had earlier.  The kids and I came back home and jumped into our pj's and settled downstairs for some "Brain Surge" and "I love Charley" on TV.  Ashlyn was tired and sore from her 3 shots she got at the doctors, so she was glad to relax and sleep in her crib!

When I tucked the kids into bed, they were again sad that daddy wasn't home yet but very excited that they would see him soon!  I promised them that daddy would wake them up when he gets home!  At 3:00 AM, I heard the door open and Mike was back home!!!  I was so glad to see him and his hugs and kisses sent me into la la land!  I think what I missed the most from him being gone is his touch and love!!!  He did wake the kids up like I promised them he would.  Hadassah was so sleepy but so glad to see him.  She wanted to know if he got her anything and when he said yes, she fell back to sleep.  When Mike woke Matthew, Matthew hugged and hugged and hugged him!  A tight boyish hug!!!  He was all smiles and really glad to have back his dad!!!  Mike showed him the shirt he got him and then Matthew was back to sleep too.  Mike was exhausted and got some sleep. 

Ashlyn was up at 4:30 AM feverish and miserable from her shots.  I gave her a bottle for comfort and she soon was relaxed again.  When she woke up at 7:15 this morning, I took her to Mike (which was still sleeping!) and she smiled!  He thought she grew while he was gone.  When the kids woke up this morning, Mike didn't have much of a choice but to get up too!  They wanted to see his pictures, hear his stories, Matthew wanted to play ball, and Hadassah was thrilled with the sea shell necklace Mike gave her!

It's so good to love and be loved back!!!  I couldn't help but think of the people in 'REAL LIFE' situations that when their loved ones left away from home and by some happenings, never returned back home.  All those soldiers that fight for our freedom ... some don't return back to their families.  All the traveling that people do to make a living ... some get hurt.  All the many days that I see Mike off to work ... he always comes back!!!  I really need to NOT take every day, every moment, every kiss for granite! 

19 Weeks ...
Ashlyn is 19 weeks old today.  She's not the happiest because of her shots she got yesterday, but she is growing.  She's reaching for more and more things that are in front of her.  On Saturday, I was holding her while trying to eat some chicken wings with sauce.  She grabbed the sauce and it dumped all over me!  I can't believe she entering the 'grab it all' stage!  She weighs 14 lbs., 12 oz..  She is 25 inches long.  She's such a blessing and a whole lot of fun!

Even though she's not feeling the best today, this is her before her afternoon nap ...