Monday, April 23, 2012

Enjoying the rain!!!

We have been blessed with rain the past many hours and it is actually very refreshing!  We are in great need for some moisture in the ground!  We didn't have much snow all winter and now having a dry Spring, makes me very grateful for the many rain drops that God is sending to us!

I remember last year ... I was just starting this blogging journey and I have lots of posts from many rainy days!  Ashlyn was just a newborn and I was so ready to enjoy some sunshine and "rain free" days!  Now, when we really need some rain this year, I am ashamed of how my thoughts were.  I am happy today for the blessing of rain!

Along with rain, came cold weather!  Today, mom and my sister were out and about touring local little shops.  It was a fun day but chilly.  A day that being inside and wrapped up in a blanket would have been a fun choice too!  When I got home I covered up my more tender plants that I planted outside and I am hoping they survive the chill of the night!

\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///

I am proud to say that I ran in my first 'offical run' early Sunday morning.  6 AM.  In my running clothes and pink laces tied.  One banana filled my stomach before my run.  Washed it down with some water.  I was excited and ready! 

Suz called me and asked if I am coming?  The runners were getting ready for take off and I was still not there.  I thought the race began at 6:30 ... but I made it in perfect timing!!!  Sadie & Suz took off ahead of me and finished before me.  I ran at my slow, comfortable pace.  I ran the whole race even though running up a hill is no fun!  I was determined and did it!  Running a 5K is great and I knew it would be easy if I wouldn't push myself to be with the 'better' runners. 

Because I preregistered for the race, but got there pushing time, I didn't have my running number pinned to me.  I actually still don't have it but they are sending it to me for a souvenir.  Everyone received a ribbon after they crossed the finished line!  It was fun and rewarding!  Physically and mentally!  I never liked running till last summer and never dreamed I would actually run in a race and enjoy it!  Short distances are still my style however.  Running more than 5 miles seems too painful yet for me to comprehend.  Maybe???  Sometime???  I don't know.?.  For now, it's a nice 3-4 mile range for me.  Thanks so much Suz and Sadie for inviting me and being an inspiration!!!  You challenge me to run more!

\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///

A quick update on Matthew ...
His legs are looking extremely better!!!!!  It is truly amazing what some oils can do for our skin!  He is faithfully taking his cod liver oil and we are rubbing his legs with coconut oil.  The coconut oil seems to be working really nice and his itching has subsided a lot!  Praise the Lord!!!  His legs are healing and look so much better!  Thanks for praying and we are still praying for complete healing!

\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///

Enjoy all the raindrops that come your way!!!  Every single one!  Our thirsty ground is soaking it all in!  What a blessing!

\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///

A few weeks ago, we had a message preached at church titled "Jesus was a friend to sinners".  There is a song that keeps playing on the radio that I just love and every time I hear it, I think back on this sermon. 

The thought was preached about how God HATES sin and cannot be where sin is.  Yet, God because He loves the sinners but hates the sin, sent His only Son to die for SINNERS.  Jesus, a man of no sin, came to bring sinners to repentance and healing to our hearts.  Then the Holy Spirit was given to us as a COMFORTER! 

I never thought of it before quit like that before.  God = hates sin, yet Jesus = the answer for all sinners!

Here's this song that is on my top song list right now ...


Jesus, a friend to all sinners.  To me!!!