Thursday, April 19, 2012

Outdoor eating!!!

Tonight was our first night to eat outside on the back porch!  It was such a delightful day, that eating outside seemed like a must do!!!

Coming up with supper plans wasn't so hard either!  When we have these 'picture perfect' spring days, I love to grill!  Something fresh, easy, and tasty!!!  I was never good at shish kabobs, but I thought I would give it another try.  I cut up some fresh boneless chicken thighs, mushrooms, peppers, onions and added some cherry tomatoes on each skewer.  I sprinkled it all with some season salt and while I was grilling them, I brushed them with a melted butter and coconut oil mixture!  They turned out really good.

I added a spinach salad to our menu!  Drizzled it with a vinaigrette dressing and topped it with cheddar cheese and sunflower seeds!  With a side of red eggs, it to was tasty!!!




I hope to continue cooking out on the grill!